22.4 rights & understandings

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
CA41E641-52DE-4667-8D7D-079E42037830.gif
It won't be good for any of us...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So i was lied to when HR said directly to me "You will be working exclusively as a driver for the foreseeable future"

There is one slight benefit though.
A laid off 22.4 gets their 8 hours at their FT rate garunteed by bumping two PT. That is assuming you ever get laid off. I can't use that now since I am still qualqualifying.

My goal at the moment is to establish a practice of ~1 hour of preload prior to leaving the building. A little bit of sanctioned time to self-load would go a long way for cover drivers.

Your getting the cart in front of the horse here

Why don’t you get qualified then come back with your grandiose plans of what you’re going to do

SMH

22.4's in my building get 8 hours a day. That's it. I don't know why so many people meme out on the 9.5 thing. I've said it before, I don't know about your center, but mine, and building, is completely anti OT. They don't want to pay ANYONE over 8.5 and they will do everything they can to keep it that way.

OZ 2021

What the OP is asking, is it okay to work <8 hours contractually..the answer is yes
So Troll you think it is a good thing for the union if full time employees work less than 8 hours. Do you realize in most Hubs and Ctr that the company only pays up to 8 hours a day paid into Health Welfare and Pension. So if most employees like yourself think like this. Your Pension and Health Insurance would be severely decreased. Let me guess, you don't need Health Insurance because you are on Mass Health.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So Troll you think it is a good thing for the union if full time employees work less than 8 hours. Do you realize in most Hubs and Ctr that the company only pays up to 8 hours a day paid into Health Welfare and Pension. So if most employees like yourself think like this. Your Pension and Health Insurance would be severely decreased. Let me guess, you don't need Health Insurance because you are on Mass Health.
yes,exactly

OZ 2021

yes,exactly
Well since you are full time. Quit and give your job to a part time employee that actually wants to be fulltime. Go apply at the other building 20 minutes away and work part time. You hate your local so much. It is even a different local. A win win for both!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Well since you are full time. Quit and give your job to a part time employee that actually wants to be fulltime. Go apply at the other building 20 minutes away and work part time. You hate your local so much. It is even a different local. A win win for both!
worrying about me is what puts you (and others) in a position of resentment.

OZ 2021

worrying about me is what puts you (and others) in a position of resentment.
GIVE UP YOUR JOB, to someone that wants it. You already admitted you should not have to work your guarantee 8 hours. You are screwing every part time employee that wants to go fulltime. It is not right that you are holding up a job BI.