22.4 s lives matter too.

PT Car Washer

False. Its impossible to become an RPCD now without being a 22.4 first. Sucks, but not bad enough to NOT drive. Id rather be an unprotected driver than a "Ill be a driver one day" preloader lol
At our contract meeting the BA said that a PT can be a RPCD without going the 22.4 route. I guess she meant that if no 22.4 signs the 22.4 to RPCD bid they will give it to a PT. True but very misleading.

PT Car Washer

Lemme take a guess, 9.5 protection, 8 hour day requests, more pay. I’ve said before, the next few contracts will be all focused on more stuff for the 22.4’s, RPCD’s be dammed.
I disagree. The company will want to expand the 22.4 jobs and reduce RPCD jobs. Most FT will just look at the wage increases and vote yes. "I got mine." I see it every contract year. "The concessions don't affect me."

Poop Head

Judge me.
False. Its impossible to become an RPCD now without being a 22.4 first. Sucks, but not bad enough to NOT drive. Id rather be an unprotected driver than a "Ill be a driver one day" preloader lol
If 22.4 was a thing when i went full time, i woulda stayed part time for life.

JJinVA

For real. I know a handfull of guys that run their own buisinesses and just stay working here p/t for benefits. They make as much as us drivers (some considerably more) and seem to have much better family lives/schedules.

Yeah. I was in business for 10 years. Some months Id make $10k+, but then have to sit on it for the next 6 months because no jobs came through, no one said yes to any contracts. thats the down side of self-employment. Nothing is guaranteed. If it had been steady I would have considered doing the same. Course if anything ever happened to UPS, be it business model failure or otherwise, Id be quick to go back into business again. Already have a new business plan doing something different that I know would be profitable. Still sucks having all the liability on your own shoulders. Lawsuits (should they happen etc)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Thats exactly what the dinosaurs said when they got shafted with a garbage contract!
buncha goombas voted no but it was less than half that voted so bowser forced it on them

history repeats itself

tumblr_ngou25TwjV1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Undertow

I disagree. The company will want to expand the 22.4 jobs and reduce RPCD jobs. Most FT will just look at the wage increases and vote yes. "I got mine." I see it every contract year. "The concessions don't affect me."
That's not at all what I saw here leading up to the last contract. The overwhelming majority of us full-time RPCD's implored those in the part-time ranks to take a long hard look at what the future could look like if Hoffa and Taylor's 22.4 sellout to the company didn't get smacked down by the hourlies.

We all saw what the part-timers did...or more accurately, didn't do in the face of that. Same thing they always don't do. As usual, they were too stupid to fill out a ballot that was mailed to them, put the ballot in an envelope provided, and simply drop it in a mailbox. Three of the easiest tasks in the world a person who can listen, read, walk, and talk could ever do and yet the part-timers once again couldn't be bothered to participate in the process of calling Hoffa's and Taylor's bluff.

Does it suck to be a 22.4? Absolutely it does which is why nobody should sign up for the position in it's current form. RPCD's shouldn't sacrifice anything they've earned over the last 15, 20, or 30 years in an attempt to clean up another mess the part-timers made. They already are forced to do that far too often on a daily basis as it is dealing with endless misloaded packages. There's no making 22.4 better in the future. The company created it specifically so it would be worse than an RPCD position. Part-timers made that bed all by themselves. It's time they started paying for their mistakes for a change.