22.4 s lives matter too.

deeztier

company seniority beats any seniority here for RCPD. although i feel like they'll just DQ a person for any reason that is trying to go from PT/Combo to RCPD without already being a qualified driver (22.4, Air, Cover)

542thruNthru

It’s like they made us full time with the guaranteed hours, but then why do we have to sign a part time to full time for other full time jobs and RPCD? Hub seniority rules in our local. Another section in the contract states , full time opportunities should be offer to full time employees first, then everyone else. It’s confusing
What's so confusing. 22.4s sign the PT-FT list. RPCD positions will be filled by company seniority from that list.

newbie777

What's so confusing. 22.4s sign the PT-FT list. RPCD positions will be filled by company seniority from that list.
Okay, I understand. And that list goes from hub seniority. In the contract, it also says, new full time combination jobs are offered to combos first (22.2, 22.3) then to RPCD. So, I was wondering why 22.4 isn’t included in the combo discussion. I understand it thou. My steward was just telling me that even thou hr already offered us the job, they may have messed up and skipped over an inside full timer for example with more building seniority. Guys that passed up 22.4.

542thruNthru

Okay, I understand. And that list goes from hub seniority. In the contract, it also says, new full time combination jobs are offered to combos first (22.2, 22.3) then to RPCD. So, I was wondering why 22.4 isn’t included in the combo discussion. I understand it thou. My steward was just telling me that even thou hr already offered us the job, they may have messed up and skipped over an inside full timer for example with more building seniority. Guys that passed up 22.4.
22.4s are just the new cover driver's but with a FT title and pension contribution.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Go look at the tile wage for an RPCD and a 22.4
Then get back to me.

The title of the thread is 22.4 s lives matter too.

If he is a 22.4 driver, he didn't start that long ago. He is probably in his first year of progression. According to Article 41 Section 4, he is making $20.50 per hour. If he was instead hired as an RPCD, he would be making $21.00 an hour.

So, right now, he is making 50 cents less per hour than if he was hired as an RPCD driver.

I will agree with you that after his 4 years of progression, he will be making far less than an RPCD driver. And according to the title of the thread, he is actually making almost half of what a 4 year RPCD driver makes, so he is technically correct.

And I was just messing with you, to see if you could put 2 and 2 together before I had to break it down.

Staydryitsraining

company seniority beats any seniority here for RCPD. although i feel like they'll just DQ a person for any reason that is trying to go from PT/Combo to RCPD without already being a qualified driver (22.4, Air, Cover)
Where on earth is this? So a 30 yr pter can win a bid for 22.3 spot over a 25 yr fter?