22.4 s lives matter too.

It's great not being a 22.4 anymore but an injury to one is an injury to all. But I can't make them vote. And if I wasn't basically the first one, I could be the number 14 22.4 in my center who is going to be waiting until he's top rate or even longer.

542thruNthru

we all saw what the part-timers did...or more accurately, didn't do in the face of that. Same thing they always don't do. As usual, they were too stupid to fill out a ballot that was mailed to them, put the ballot in an envelope provided, and simply drop it in a mailbox. Three of the easiest tasks in the world a person who can listen, read, walk, and talk could ever do and yet the part-timers once again couldn't be bothered to participate in the process of calling Hoffa's and Taylor's bluff.

Does it suck to be a 22.4? Absolutely it does which is why nobody should sign up for the position in it's current form. RPCD's shouldn't sacrifice anything they've earned over the last 15, 20, or 30 years in an attempt to clean up another mess the part-timers made. They already are forced to do that far too often on a daily basis as it is dealing with endless misloaded packages. There's no making 22.4 better in the future. The company created it specifically so it would be worse than an RPCD position. Part-timers made that bed all by themselves. It's time they started paying for their mistakes for a change.

Ah yes another big FT talking tough... You know what makes me laugh...

I don't think you actually voted because if you did you'd know that it wasn't a mail in ballot this time. SMH.

Hate to break it to you tough guy but going off the numbers... Many FT don't vote either. ;)

tech209

22.4 here.....it is what it is .....got to start from the bottom up to make full time plus it beats the hell of preload that’s for sure

was one of the lucky ones that got converted with cover pay

542thruNthru

22.4 here.....it is what it is .....got to start from the bottom up to make full time plus it beats the hell of preload that’s for sure

was one of the lucky ones that got converted with cover pay
You're Western/southwest like me. 22.4 was a upgrade for us. For 80% of the rest of the country it was a down grade.

tech209

You're Western/southwest like me. 22.4 was a upgrade for us. For 80% of the rest of the country it was a down grade.
Gotcha..... and that’s what scares me to even try to transfer to out of slate like Arizona or somewhere where the housing market is more affordable......because on how strong our unions are out here in the west coast

542thruNthru

Gotcha..... and that’s what scares me to even try to transfer to out of slate like Arizona or somewhere where the housing market is more affordable......because on how strong our unions are out here in the west coast
As long as it's covered by the southwestern it's the same rules and AZ is under the SWPR.

542thruNthru

Though you can't transfer till you're a RPCD.

newbie777

Where in the contract does it say that RPCD positions have to be offered to 22.4 drivers first ? It say in the master RPCD will be filled in accordance to our supplements and riders.
21BAC07E-1F3E-4705-B02B-0EC5AB505980.jpeg

newbie777

We are having this issue, a bunch of 22.4 got a call to go RPCD and you have hub employees that waited and passed on a 22.4 being passed over and now grievances are being filed and hr is saying they messed up. Management doesn’t know what the :censored2: is happening. And some of us have been moved and others are just waiting as 22.4 still even thou we signed the bid sheet and filled out the application

We are having this issue, a bunch of 22.4 got a call to go RPCD and you have hub employees that waited and passed on a 22.4 being passed over and now grievances are being filed and hr is saying they messed up. Management doesn’t know what the :censored2: is happening. And some of us have been moved and others are just waiting as 22.4 still even thou we signed the bid sheet and filled out the application
Where I'm at full time seniority trumps part time seniority

Moral to this story never pass up a bid that advance you upwards.

newbie777

I looked for that, but because of that paragraph saying 22.4 can sign a part time to full time bid for RPCD jobs is what they are grieving, it seems contradicting.
It’s like they made us full time with the guaranteed hours, but then why do we have to sign a part time to full time for other full time jobs and RPCD? Hub seniority rules in our local. Another section in the contract states , full time opportunities should be offer to full time employees first, then everyone else. It’s confusing