30 day probation... dqed for not running 0.00 or below

That_guy

On day 29 I was told that I was disqualified for not making scratch 5 days in a row. I came off the the sort onto the road and during my probationary period was told alot of different things. Such as I only needed 3 days of scratch not finding out it was 5 until half way through. And that if I made close to scratch that it would count. I did show improvement through out and some everything they asked. This is a heads up for anyone heading into their 30 days. Here's my numbers.

Day 16) -.30
Day 17) .21
Day 18) -.03
Day 19) .23
Day 20) -.35

I have talked to my shop steward and someone above him. What else can I do? And what are my chances of fighting it?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
On day 29 I was told that I was disqualified for not making scratch 5 days in a row. I came off the the sort onto the road and during my probationary period was told alot of different things. Such as I only needed 3 days of scratch not finding out it was 5 until half way through. And that if I made close to scratch that it would count. I did show improvement through out and some everything they asked. This is a heads up for anyone heading into their 30 days. Here's my numbers.

Day 16) -.30
Day 17) .21
Day 18) -.03
Day 19) .23
Day 20) -.35

I have talked to my shop steward and someone above him. What else can I do? And what are my chances of fighting it?
Chances are the union helped UPS make that decision. Back pocket. Good luck

Day 16) -.30
Day 17) .21
Day 18) -.03
Day 19) .23
Day 20) -.35

We have had several delivery drivers protest a DQ and either won a job or were given another 30 days. Just a way to see how badly you want the job.

Overpaid Union Thug

Day 16) -.30
Day 17) .21
Day 18) -.03
Day 19) .23
Day 20) -.35

Those numbers would qualify you in my center.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Day 16) -.30
Day 17) .21
Day 18) -.03
Day 19) .23
Day 20) -.35

Qualification is not covered by the contract. It is generally up to the discretion of the center manager. Since the contract does not have a management's rights clause, they still have to be consistent with their policies or bargain with the union for any changes that affect working conditions. Those are considered mandatory subjects under NLRB rules. I was told I had to scratch 5 days, not necessarily in a row. I would grieve it and ask for the company's qualification requirements in writing, see what happens.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Day 16) -.30
Day 17) .21
Day 18) -.03
Day 19) .23
Day 20) -.35

Those numbers are lower than my am time.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
With those numbers, they need to honor your qualifying performance and put you on layoff instead. DQ is meant to uphold an entry job standard, and it comes with a progressive wait period. not to arbitrarily decide that they no longer need an employee at the moment.
There are only 2 out of the 15+ training routes here that would look bad if you came +/- .5 hours on them. The rest are so screwed up that even being consistently 1 hour over is pretty rad.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
With those numbers, they need to honor your qualifying performance and put you on layoff instead. DQ is meant to uphold an entry job standard, and it comes with a progressive wait period.

54394039-1780-4012-8DCE-5B63774B4CB8.jpeg

BrownBaggage

Day 16) -.30
Day 17) .21
Day 18) -.03
Day 19) .23
Day 20) -.35

Sorry you’re going through this. The five consecutive scratch is a requirement but doesn’t guarantee a thing. I’ve seen guys scratch ten days in a row and get cut because they turned out to be absolute jerks. I’ve seen others scratch and get cut because mgmt just simply didn’t like them. I’ve seen the union fight for guys that got cut like this and moved to other hubs. You’re really at the mercy of your shop steward and what he/she can do for you at the point. Good luck.

35years

Gravy route
Not at the mercy of the steward.....

At the mercy of the manager who made the call

Since layoffs are coming (couple of weeks?) it was probably not even the center manager's call...DM

Bad timing. Sorry. Next year?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
There are always options for marginal drivers in progression. The company has the ability, with the union’s permission, to extend your probation.

Clearly this wasn’t requested so there are definitely other circumstances driving this outcome.

While in progression the union can argue for you but the company is under no obligation to buy you and can DQ you for almost anything.

Like mentioned before, I too see volume disruption looming which unfortunately can and most likely will lead to layoffs. Which may have been just enough to keep you from crossing the finish line.

Gaintain

I’d say they looked at the upcoming volume & was like we don’t need him. Blame this on covid-19. Sorry man. Hold your head.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Man anyone else remember when you only had to scratch once in 30 days? Seems like they keep changing the requirements weekly anymore.