W

What The Hawk?

Helper is a helper, not your bitch. That being said, I have not had a single driver I was a helper for treat me with disrespect. They even asked me if it was okay if they smoked in the truck. lol

Helper is a helper, not your bitch. That being said, I have not had a single driver I was a helper for treat me with disrespect. They even asked me if it was okay if they smoked in the truck. lol
Won't you be.... my helper?
IMG_0682.GIF

The last few years my helpers have been so old that they take my walker to get get around. So I'm always stuck in the car.

Last year I was in a pretty small city, and had five different drivers before eventually settling in with one(coordinator was very disorganized at first). Four of them took long 30-40 minute breaks and bought me lunch(ranging from Chinese food to a nice hot sandwich). One was this young 22 year old kid who I felt didn’t really want me to be there and he bragged about always knocking out 400 stops by himself super quickly. He took one thirty but sorted his truck the whole time while eating a PBJ. Acted like he drank too many energy drinks.

This year I’m in a much bigger city(Portland) I’ve had the same guy for two weeks. Strangely enough I can’t get more than four hours in the truck thanks to management but I get the vibe that he’s more of a pbj in the truck type of guy. Can’t blame guys who want to get home to their wives/ladies more quickly but it sure is nice to have a real meal after hustling all day.

Mike cubed——were you OK with sitting there for 30-45 unpaid minutes while your driver had lunch?

My helper is there to work, not eat.
If I’m working longer hours in a physical job, yes I’ll always prefer to take the unpaid 30. If the driver’s also offering to buy me lunch, even better.

Maybe for drivers the extra money from not taking a full 30 is worth it. A helper making minimum wage in my city would see an extra $5 from skipping that thirty. Big deal.

Helpers are there to work, but a helper with energy is going to be better and not crap out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What would you consider to be longer hours? 6? 8? 10?

I would think 6 or fewer would not require a lunch.

BTW, taking a lunch does not automatically mean more $$$ for the driver.

What would you consider to be longer hours? 6? 8? 10?

I would think 6 or fewer would not require a lunch.

BTW, taking a lunch does not automatically mean more $$$ for the driver.

I was thinking of the days that end up being around 8 hours up to the occasional ten hours.

I’ve worked in the restaurant industry where I didn’t even get 10’s during crazy busy 8 hour shifts. But I always appreciated jobs that were more regulated with them. I’m never the type of person to complain about it in real life but all I’m saying is that I appreciate the drivers who think about how hard their helper is working and decide to give them a full break.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was thinking of the days that end up being around 8 hours up to the occasional ten hours.

I’ve worked in the restaurant industry where I didn’t even get 10’s during crazy busy 8 hour shifts. But I always appreciated jobs that were more regulated with them. I’m never the type of person to complain about it in real life but all I’m saying is that I appreciate the drivers who think about how hard their helper is working and decide to give them a full break.

I fully appreciate how hard they work. I also appreciate the fact that, for the most part, they would rather get done earlier than sit for 45 minutes unpaid.

Control_90

First day helping. Driver lets me smoke in the truck which is pretty cool. He's a lil far from me, but im considering staying with him for that very reason.

Heffalump

My driver literally just has to sit there and fidget with his diad while I run ALL the stops and organize the shelves from his :censored2:ty driving. I did 18 hrs the other day (started at 1am in the hub) so i took a "day off" from "helping" and he got a whole new "helper". Im slightly offended? How do I win back my beloved? Do i bring him flowers? Or just change me helper center and wait for him to call me back?