6th punch for Friday due to Holiday on Sunday

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I had a 6th punch for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Which was a holiday along with the Friday after. They did consider it a 6th punch so my guess is the same would apply in this situation.

If you work Saturday this week, it will also be your 6th punch, but today is not.

Article 12 Section 8 of the Central is clear on this issue.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
If you work Saturday this week, it will also be your 6th punch, but today is not.

Article 12 Section 8 of the Central is clear on this issue.
Thanks for clearing that up for me, like I said every thing was word of mouth. So Saturday drivers will be 1.5 tomorrow then.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Central Region Supplement

Article 12

Section 8

In a scheduled workweek in which there is a paid holiday, the guaranteed workweek shall be thirty-two (32) hours; in any scheduled workweek in which there are two (2) paid holidays, the guaranteed workweek shall be twenty-four (24) hours, etc. For hours worked in excess of thirty-two (32) or twenty-four (24) hours in a week, as applicable, an employee shall be paid at the rate of one and one-half (1 1/2) time the regular straight-time rate, provided the holiday or holidays fall within the scheduled workweek.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a 6th punch for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Which was a holiday along with the Friday after. They did consider it a 6th punch so my guess is the same would apply in this situation.

The Friday after (Black Friday) was a working holiday.

The Saturday after was not a holiday.

Heavy Package

The Tuesday following the summer solstice IS a working holiday, but the 3rd Friday after Upstate takes a dump is just a regular workday.

Good God - We need clear and consistent language updated in our Master this contract.

It's hard enough just to get people to show up every day to sling the cardboard let alone all the threads on WTF is a workday or not.

DriverNerd

I had a 6th punch for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Which was a holiday along with the Friday after.

Me too, which I thought was strange. I had 12 hours of double time, 22 hours of overtime, 16 hours of holiday and 24 hours of straight pay on my pay stub.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The Tuesday following the summer solstice IS a working holiday, but the 3rd Friday after Upstate takes a dump is just a regular workday.

Good God - We need clear and consistent language updated in our Master this contract.

It's hard enough just to get people to show up every day to sling the cardboard let alone all the threads on WTF is a workday or not.
It's pretty clear cut in the contract. Employees are the ones that try to complicate it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Me too, which I thought was strange. I had 12 hours of double time, 22 hours of overtime, 16 hours of holiday and 24 hours of straight pay on my pay stub.

That was correct.

There were 2 holidays during that week, Thanksgiving and the day after. You got paid 8 hours each for those 2 Holidays.

You made double time for Friday working the Holiday.

You made time and a half Saturday because in a week in which there were 2 Holidays, the standard workweek was 24 hours, which you got working Mon, Tue and Wed.

Anything after that is time and a half, Saturday. It is not that it is a 6th punch, it is that you already worked 24 hours.

The Saturday after was not a holiday.

I believe he was referring to Thanksgiving being the Holiday, not that Saturday.

And Saturday was time and a half for all the M-friend drivers that worked it, at least for all in the Central.

Vote NO

That was correct.

There were 2 holidays during that week, Thanksgiving and the day after. You got paid 8 hours each for those 2 Holidays.

You made double time for Friday working the Holiday.

You made time and a half Saturday because in a week in which there were 2 Holidays, the standard workweek was 24 hours, which you got working Mon, Tue and Wed.

Anything after that is time and a half, Saturday. It is not that it is a 6th punch, it is that you already worked 24 hours.

I believe he was referring to Thanksgiving being the Holiday, not that Saturday.

And Saturday was time and a half for all the M-friend drivers that worked it, at least for all in the Central.

If this is the case then would we have a 24hr workweek for the new years holidays? This is key for me as I worked almost 25 hours on Tues & Weds. making everything after overtime?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If this is the case then would we have a 24hr workweek for the new years holidays? This is key for me as I worked almost 25 hours on Tues & Weds. making everything after overtime?

No.

You would have a 32 hour workweek. New Years Eve did not fall during your normal scheduled workweek. New Years day did, though.

One exception. If you are Sun-Thurs, then yes, you would have a 24 hour workweek.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Plus overtime doesn't pyramid

I missed the point on his second sentence.

That 24 hour workweek is straight time, as @Brownslave688 pointed out. That would be 3 days at 8 hours straight time per day. Your OT isn't included in the standard workweek hours.