7 days will be here after peak 2019

542thruNthru

images.png

UntidyShallowAmericanbadger-max-1mb.gif

:)

dmac1

Geezus, I just got done on Monday as a cover driver of 3 towns... 60 stops butt 240 miles.

Some drivers are burning out from a 6 day work week & it's not peak season yet.

They're hiring more drivers before the summer season arrives in time for the new powerpads to arrive.

The standalone HD terminal is at max route capacity & some are being transferred to the nearby co location next month as well.

Still having unscanned boxes on my pile with some missorts daily. If I get a perfect scan/exact match to my printed manifest, I'm gonna take my tips and play the lottery... but it's not going perfectly since December 2018

There's no way I'm working Sundays, so count me out.
You can go to a 4 day week with another driver delivering the other 3 days.A lot of places running seven day schedules run alternating schedules- 4 days one week, 3 days the next. A smart contractor could realize savings, but the dumb ones will argue that it can't be done. It should be no issue for larger contractors, as they will be able to save the most.

It will be fine

You are looking at daily productivity. Using fewer vehicles to deliver (or pick up) the same number of packages is more productive. If you can't see that, I can't help.
If you need X trucks to handle pickup volume it doesn’t matter if daily delivery volume goes down, you still need to dispatch X trucks. Where are you getting lost?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
you will be working sundays or you won't be working at all at fedex.

Then I'll probably move on to Amazon after this peak... they get to choose to work Sunday or not, right ?

There's also a reason some drivers want HD over ground and that's the pickups.

Resis returns/call tags are ok for me and others since there's no real time commits for them. Just get them in sequence with your delivery manifest

Yeah yeah, WAGN... but in my area, we're no where near overlapping both ground and HD for some reason. I still see 2 ground drivers daily

bacha29

i heard they are auditing the top 25 contractors in the country..... maybe they want to study them?
Contractors big and small get audited all the time despite the fact that they are private corporations whose books and payroll information is private and privileged information protected by law ....that never stopped XG from demanding access to that information .

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Spacing volume out only helps so much.....time in transit is still king. Pick up volume on Monday that you generally deliver in one or two days.....can’t space that out much can you. We have Saturday Ground and Mondays became a headache on monumental proportions. Try running less routes cause you’ve delivered that volume on Saturday and now apparently Sunday.....You still have pickups to service. That’s where we got squeezed, had no choice but to run more routes to cover the pickups. I’m pretty sure you guys are like us....Monday is your heaviest pickup day and Wednesday/Thursday are your heaviest delivery day. Point is Saturday and Sunday are like lipstick on a pig.....looks nice but it’s still a pig.

bacha29

its a fact from the big shots....fedex hd will be running 7 days a week after peak 2019
Talked to an XG manager yesterday. Your message is legit. What can a contractor do about it? Nothing. It's conform or find your trucks parked outside with a termination notice slapped on them.

XEQaF

What fascinates me is they never discuss operational changes with their partnering contractors in each region well in advance to lay out plans, concerns, contingencies etc. They just throw caution to the wind, roll it out, and add more one sided addendums complete with threats to keep the sheep inline. It's a 'figure it out and if it fails it's your fault' scenario.

bacha29

What fascinates me is they never discuss operational changes with their partnering contractors in each region well in advance to lay out plans, concerns, contingencies etc. They just throw caution to the wind, roll it out, and add more one sided addendums complete with threats to keep the sheep inline. It's a 'figure it out and if it fails it's your fault' scenario.
The best and quickest way to find out what little conspiracy they're lining up next is to check the forward looking guidance in the back of the annual report and to check out what Fat Freddy has to say when the quarterly earning report is released. It's the only way to get a heads up on what they're going to do to you next. Because keep in mind it's doesn't matter if you're a employee or a contractor it's all the same to Fat Freddy . He's the rancher and you're the cattle.

sadmanhere

Talked to an XG manager yesterday. Your message is legit. What can a contractor do about it? Nothing. It's conform or find your trucks parked outside with a termination notice slapped on them.

fedex is going to aggressively seek out big packages to delivery..... look for non stop big stuff

XEQaF

fedex is going to aggressively seek out big packages to delivery..... look for non stop big stuff

Absolutely. Another FDX opportunity involving "act before thinking" cashing in on the surcharges applied to O/D items without first upgrading facilities and operations to accommodate this move. When you are structured as a package courier company and your contractors are also structured as such paid as such, who now have to retool themselves to become a trucking company.

I'm not sure how FedEx Freight works but seeing them move into a 'white glove' service to compete with XPO is probably another initiative that they haven't thoroughly studied.

bacha29

Absolutely. Another FDX opportunity involving "act before thinking" cashing in on the surcharges applied to O/D items without first upgrading facilities and operations to accommodate this move. When you are structured as a package courier company and your contractors are also structured as such paid as such, who now have to retool themselves to become a trucking company.

I'm not sure how FedEx Freight works but seeing them move into a 'white glove' service to compete with XPO is probably another initiative that they haven't thoroughly studied.
Clearly Fat Freddy has doing not only delivery of furniture and appliances in mind but setup and installation as well.

XEQaF

Clearly Fat Freddy has doing not only delivery of furniture and appliances in mind but setup and installation as well.
Next up: Fat Freddy announces FXG will now be delivering bulk aggregate, sand, gravel, crushed stone for all your landscaping needs! Just tell the driver how many yards you require and he will deliver to your house with shovel in hand. White glove service available if you require help planting your perennials!!!

bacha29

Next up: Fat Freddy announces FXG will now be delivering bulk aggregate, sand, gravel, crushed stone for all your landscaping needs! Just tell the driver how many yards you require and he will deliver to your house with shovel in hand. White glove service available if you require help planting your perennials!!!
On occasion I had to pull a cargo trailer behind my off road van during part of the morning to handle bulk stops. It did in fact look quite a bit like a livestock trailer. One day this polite young woman came up and said quite seriously......."Is Fedex going to start hauling horses"? I said in response : " Girl, don't let those warped s.o.b.'s hear you say that or they'll figure out a way to do it".