7 days will be here after peak 2019

MAKAVELI

People work at different paces. Many people enjoy the security of knowing what their paycheck will be every week. If that’s not for you, great keep milking a clock, a lot of guys want to get in and out as fast as possible and make money. It’s all about motivation.
I have a 35 hour guarantee so I know what my check will be at the very least every week. But I have probably never seen a check under 45 except for vacation weeks and average 55+.

MAKAVELI

People work at different paces. Many people enjoy the security of knowing what their paycheck will be every week. If that’s not for you, great keep milking a clock, a lot of guys want to get in and out as fast as possible and make money. It’s all about motivation.
Trust me your ground slugs couldn't keep up with me on their best day.

It will be fine

Trust me your ground slugs couldn't keep up with me on their best day.
We deliver packages not just envelopes and I doubt you’re pushing 30 stops/hr. Go ahead and pretend you’re getting a better deal and are a better worker if that makes you happy. I’m sure Fred appreciates it.

MAKAVELI

We deliver packages not just envelopes and I doubt you’re pushing 30 stops/hr. Go ahead and pretend you’re getting a better deal and are a better worker if that makes you happy. I’m sure Fred appreciates it.
I don't work for Fred. I work for my customers. And 30 an hour is no problem in a high density area. Ttku.... BTW envelopes and packages pays me the same.:happy2:

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
We deliver packages not just envelopes...
You’re not actually that out of touch, are you? :laugh:
C28D5307-9E1E-417C-A6C6-4271735C6AA8.jpeg

Last edited:

McFeely

Huge Member
Not to mention the lack of stop density. It’s amazing you keep the doors open.

I'm wondering what kind of stop density you have in your region? The Ground guy in my area and I typically have similar stop counts/delivery area sizes on a daily basis. Generally there are 3 Ground drivers and 3 Express drivers in the zip code that I deliver to.

Just as a reference here: I'm doing about 120 deliveries/130 miles a day (including stem miles). UPS kills both of us with density in my area.

It will be fine

I'm wondering what kind of stop density you have in your region? The Ground guy in my area and I typically have similar stop counts/delivery area sizes on a daily basis. Generally there are 3 Ground drivers and 3 Express drivers in the zip code that I deliver to.

Just as a reference here: I'm doing about 120 deliveries/130 miles a day (including stem miles). UPS kills both of us with density in my area.
Average van route runs 120-140 stops. 50-60 miles including 8-10 mile stem. That’s a ballpark, every route is different, all my routes are overlapped HD and Ground and I don’t have smartpost turned all the way up yet. They’ll get even tighter after that.

zeev

Are you guys really manually sorting volume like that? No wonder it costs so much to ship Express. Not to mention the lack of stop density. It’s amazing you keep the doors open.
You are right all the new investment has been in ground because that’s where all the profits are.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

An Express courier averaging 30 SPH on a consistent basis is working in a dense metro area; has a pkg load that is overwhelmingly envelopes and small light parcels; there's a good chance that much of it is a foot route/many stops in a few very large buildings; there's an equally good chance that it's a PT route.

I don't know why he invoked a peeing match over this instead of just accepting that some Ground guys have a decent deal with their contractors.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Nope. WAGN.
Nope. Not quite.

Ground is still the king at falsifying customer signatures.

Ground doesn’t offer overtime or insurance.

Ground contractors are nowhere close to being a true independent business operators. Just a union firewall.

Ground is getting stuck with packages that should be sent thru Freight. And will see more before too long.

Should I go on?

bacha29

Nope. Not quite.

Ground contractors are nowhere close to being a true independent business operators. Just a union firewall.

Ground is getting stuck with packages that should be sent thru Freight. And will see more before too long.

Should I go on?
It's everything you say it is and more. Every piece of motor freight they can move over to Ground they move it there. The 150 weight limit which is too much to begin with is flagrantly ignored. It's simply criminal what they're doing to contractor employed box grunts because XG has no liability risks. Sure some unsuspecting 23 year old might be able to bull work that stuff around but come age 45 he'll likely be so busted up physically that he'll be flat out unemployable. It's one of the main reasons why we three Day 1's quit rather than to subject someone to the absolute hell we could see coming. And as for the returns we would be getting as contractors in this depressed rural area ... well lets put it this way.... utility stock pay better returns.

It you may have noticed Cactus XG eliminated the sole proprietors, followed by the K1 registered partnerships then came the LLC's leaving just the S-Corps and the C-Corps . Look for some time in the not too distant future the S-Corps are eliminated leaving just the cash loaded absentee investor class C-Corps and only those that are willing to be Fat Freddy's powerless, totally subjugated serfs.

bacha29

Average van route runs 120-140 stops. 50-60 miles including 8-10 mile stem. That’s a ballpark, every route is different, all my routes are overlapped HD and Ground and I don’t have smartpost turned all the way up yet. They’ll get even tighter after that.
50 mile routes? You can't be serious. Out here in jing weed land 300 is nothing and much of the day is spent on unpaved township turkey paths driven at school zone speeds not to mention the many "roads" for which the townships simply post a sign that says.......no winter maintenance".

bbsam

Staff member
50 mile routes? You can't be serious. Out here in jing weed land 300 is nothing and much of the day is spent on unpaved township turkey paths driven at school zone speeds not to mention the many "roads" for which the townships simply post a sign that says.......no winter maintenance".
Yes, yes, we’ve heard. Damn near daily. For years.

It’s a miracle Ground even exists anymore.

bbsam

Staff member
It's everything you say it is and more. Every piece of motor freight they can move over to Ground they move it there. The 150 weight limit which is too much to begin with is flagrantly ignored. It's simply criminal what they're doing to contractor employed box grunts because XG has no liability risks. Sure some unsuspecting 23 year old might be able to bull work that stuff around but come age 45 he'll likely be so busted up physically that he'll be flat out unemployable. It's one of the main reasons why we three Day 1's quit rather than to subject someone to the absolute hell we could see coming. And as for the returns we would be getting as contractors in this depressed rural area ... well lets put it this way.... utility stock pay better returns.

It you may have noticed Cactus XG eliminated the sole proprietors, followed by the K1 registered partnerships then came the LLC's leaving just the S-Corps and the C-Corps . Look for some time in the not too distant future the S-Corps are eliminated leaving just the cash loaded absentee investor class C-Corps and only those that are willing to be Fat Freddy's powerless, totally subjugated serfs.
Those C-corps tend to present problems that X would prefer to avoid. They’re the ones that can afford to walk away on any given day, and simply write off the losses.

bbsam

Staff member
Nope. Not quite.

Should I go on?
Yes. Please do. Your rants to me sound like nothing more than sour grapes. A guy who always has and will always try to believe that he is somehow better than me.

I’ve been laughing at you kind for years.