7 days will be here after peak 2019

McFeely

Huge Member
Exactly which big shots? Who?

My managers haven’t heard anything about Sundays.

You're Express. The OP is Ground/HD. I can't imagine Express would go 7 days for some time, but the company has made questionable unprofitable decisions in the past sooooo...

MassWineGuy

When I came off road last night, which is during the pm sort, I had about 12 international envelopes with no documentation. I tried to copy each label, but our new copier took (no exaggeration) 10 minutes to turn on and warm up. Then it had to load some extra software. Then it required an authorized log-in. Of course, my badge didn’t work.

I just skipped it and explained it to the person handling internationals. It is totally and mind numbingly crazy. It’s a good thing we’re not in a hurry during sort.

It will be fine

Huh? For Ground?
6 day operations didn’t increase the Ground volume enough to offset the cost, so they had to revise earnings projections down. Somehow that lead them to the conclusion we should go for 7 days. Maybe they’re right this time, but it seems doubtful. It’s going to cost a lot of money and maybe in 5 years we’ll be glad we did it to keep up or we’ll just light money on fire and never gain the volume needed to sustain the 7 day operation. I’m not convinced many smaller shippers want to process shipments on the weekends for this to make sense.

bacha29

6 day operations didn’t increase the Ground volume enough to offset the cost, so they had to revise earnings projections down. Somehow that lead them to the conclusion we should go for 7 days. Maybe they’re right this time, but it seems doubtful. It’s going to cost a lot of money and maybe in 5 years we’ll be glad we did it to keep up or we’ll just light money on fire and never gain the volume needed to sustain the 7 day operation. I’m not convinced many smaller shippers want to process shipments on the weekends for this to make sense.
For contractors in the high mileage low volume low SPH areas with revenue streams not even a steady drip this could be the final nails in the coffin especially in the rural snow belt regions where township and some state secondary roads once they're plowed on Friday they're not touched again to Monday I agree . The company could lose a crap load of money but once committed there's no going back . So expect contractors to be dropping like flies in the depressed rural areas.

instiches

So for the areas where HD and Ground are separate, does that mean Ground is also going 7 days or is this just for sole HD like the current 6 day ops?

It will be fine

So for the areas where HD and Ground are separate, does that mean Ground is also going 7 days or is this just for sole HD like the current 6 day ops?
HD. It’s residential delivery only for now. They are going to rebrand HD/smartpost as e-commerce and pay us the lower stop rate for all e-commerce stops.