705 and 710 can still push the voting over 50%

babboo25

Banned
As a member that be very troubling. We just had a few years of great stock increases and the percent funded is going down. As a member I would not want a pension increase then.

What if the pension was increased so they are paying more money out and then another long recession hits.....then the pension would have to be cut.
Well it didn’t help that 710 bought all their agents brand new Ford Explorers and we have a multi million $ union hall with a bar that cost $300,000. 710 needs to be put back in trusteeship in my opinion, our Prez has been out campaigning for JB Pritzker, wouldn’t be surprised if our pension money has been used for campaign contributions.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Good one.... teamster/transparent.
You don’t think our west coast pension is run well and that the administrators are transparent when it comes to informing the participants of what’s going on with the market and funding levels??? There are companies from the South and Midwest who are trying and who have become employers involved in this pension plan for their employees:...

babboo25

Banned
Do you know what contributions are?

I would imagine ups puts in plenty on behalf of each member. The problem either comes with previous employees being overpromised or if it's a multiemployers other companies going under.
Other companies going under is a huge problem with 710 pension. What is 688 funded at? I know you all have a higher monthly payout than 710 and it’s not even close.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Do you know what contributions are?

I would imagine ups puts in plenty on behalf of each member. The problem either comes with previous employees being overpromised or if it's a multiemployers other companies going under.
Not sure of the amount of company contributions. The problem is most likely like you mentioned. Since I retired, pension for new retirees is $500 more per month and it is a multiemployer pension. Do not have info on these employers who are not contributing to the pension.

It’s over about as much as you saying that you won’t transfer to another hub before you retire....impossible!!
I’m not going anywhere. I found my retirement place. Have been keeping my eyes peeled for my retirement hobby/job. Yet again Maui came up this year. That would be interesting.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I’m not going anywhere. I found my retirement place. Have been keeping my eyes peeled for my retirement hobby/job. Yet again Maui came up this year. That would be interesting.
You can go over there and stay at Airbnb’s for a month at a time for cheaper than a hotel... go get a pt job on a golf course for 6 months and Go back to the mainland for the rest of the year then repeat... you can only work so many hours a year while collecting your pension

You don’t think our west coast pension is run well and that the administrators are transparent when it comes to informing the participants of what’s going on with the market and funding levels??? There are companies from the South and Midwest who are trying and who have become employers involved in this pension plan for their employees:...
No they are not transparent. The pension did expand to many other states even in the east. I hope those new newbies put in some serious up front cash.

You can go over there and stay at Airbnb’s for a month at a time for cheaper than a hotel... go get a pt job on a golf course for 6 months and Go back to the mainland for the rest of the year then repeat... you can only work so many hours a year while collecting your pension
I thought you could work unlimited hours. You just cannot work a job in your profession. Within you pension jurisdiction.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No they are not transparent. The pension did expand to many other states even in the east. I hope those new newbies put in some serious up front cash.
Whenever I have been to the yearly meeting at the union hall they have been very open about their dealings and status.... The fund isnt going to just let any company come into here willy Nilly....it took months for Costco to become part of this plan and they have rock solid financials and make way more money than UPS.... this is a win for the WCP

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Other companies going under is a huge problem with 710 pension. What is 688 funded at? I know you all have a higher monthly payout than 710 and it’s not even close.
We really don't couple hundred more I think.

The difference comes that we never top out and get bonus money for every year over like 60 that we work.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I thought you could work unlimited hours. You just cannot work a job in your profession. Within you pension jurisdiction.
I think at a certain age you can work as many hours as you want but if you plan on retiring at 50 with a full pension (our 80 and out golden ticket) then they are very particular about that....

Brownslave688

Well it didn’t help that 710 bought all their agents brand new Ford Explorers and we have a multi million $ union hall with a bar that cost $300,000. 710 needs to be put back in trusteeship in my opinion, our Prez has been out campaigning for JB Pritzker, wouldn’t be surprised if our pension money has been used for campaign contributions.
Good ol JB lol

Don't worry I'm sure he's doing shady at all lol

Whenever I have been to the yearly meeting at the union hall they have been very open about their dealings and status.... The fund isnt going to just let any company come into here willy Nilly....it took months for Costco to become part of this plan and they have rock solid financials and make way more money than UPS.... this is a win for the WCP
I do get a little nervous when I see funding estimates under 90% though. And often think if I could only work until 66 & 1 month I could get 110% and drain that sucker dry.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I do get a little nervous when I see funding estimates under 90% though. And often think if I could only work until 66 & 1 month I could get 110% and drain that sucker dry.
I won’t be close to 66 1/2 when I finally go... much sooner.... one thing we have going for us out here is all those pters who work for 6 months or a year then bounce....this fund probably gets millions a year in pt. Turnover...which in turn helps the fund along with it being so diversified.....

cachmeifucan

As a member that be very troubling. We just had a few years of great stock increases and the percent funded is going down. As a member I would not want a pension increase then.

What if the pension was increased so they are paying more money out and then another long recession hits.....then the pension would have to be cut.
Isn't that why we negotiate every 5 years. Or should I say bend over every 5 years. I was excited that ups got tax break I was thinking ups will give us the greatest contract boy was I wrong again.

Brownslave688

Isn't that why we negotiate every 5 years. Or should I say bend over every 5 years. I was excited that ups got tax break I was thinking ups will give us the greatest contract boy was I wrong again.
I hate to break it to you but if you expect ups to just blindly make up the difference for irresponsibly increasing pension payouts you are wrong.