705 and 710 forced to accept contract.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You are inferring what you thing the Constitution says.

It says nothing about Section d) only implying to strike votes.

While it does apply to strike votes, it also applies to agreement ratification votes, hence the word "and"

to conduct agreement ratification votes and strike votes

And if you follow section 2d, then you either strike, or get the company to reopen negotiations voluntarily, in which case, section 2b applies.

"When a master agreement negotiated under the provi‑ sions of this Article provides for a reopener and re‑nego‑ tiation, or is voluntarily reopened during its stated term, the above voting procedure shall apply to ratifcation of the new terms, if any, and Section 2(d) shall apply to strike votes."

The part that is being glossed over is the fact that we authorized a strike. Now, let's say that the union goes back to UPS and says we need to reopen negotiations, or we may have to strike. If UPS voluntarily reopens, per the paragraph above, then we renegotiate.

On a side note, according to section 2e, the nnc can reject an offer even if the members vote to accept it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You want a full time job or u don’t. These guys that are 2 scared to go driving piss me off. Yeah it’s not easy. But you want big boy pay, take the big boy job. Period.
Too smart to go driving...no one wants to be ashamed to reprsent UPS in the public in a miserable box truck for 70 hours a week. That does not make you a bad ass, it makes you dumb.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
"When a master agreement negotiated under the provi‑ sions of this Article provides for a reopener and re‑nego‑ tiation, or is voluntarily reopened during its stated term

Does not apply. This contract that was negotiated was not a reopener of a current Master Agreement during its stated term.

We continued working under a Master Agreement that was extended beyond its current term until the two sides could agree on a new Master Agreement.

That clause applies if, say a year down the road, both sides agree to reopen the current Master Agreement. It will be within its stated term.

We authorized a strike, so we either renegotiate in accordance with section b, or we strike.

Where does it state in Section 2 b) that we renegotiate, or strike, if the Master is turned down?

We all have our opinions on what the IBT Constitution specifies, or means. Bottom line, our opinions do not matter. We can go on forever.

Hoffa says 2 d) applies.
The IBT lawyers say 2 d) applies.
Sean OB and the International Vice Presidents even agree that 2 d) may apply, just that Hoffa did not have to invoke 2 d) since UPS was willing to come back to the table, or that he did not apply 2 d) in 2013 so he does not have to apply it now.

And those are the opinions that count, not ours, unless the NLRB and lawsuits become involved, which I doubt.

dogs.bite.me

They should be driving whatever is the most inexpensive reliable transportation to get them to all points necessary. Don't ask a question you don't want the answer to.

They buy from union shops that help support unions. They also buy American made and American companies. You want them to buy Toyota? Cmon man. Unions support unions. And if it cost a little more, so be it.

babboo25

Banned
They buy from union shops that help support unions. They also buy American made and American companies. You want them to buy Toyota? Cmon man. Unions support unions. And if it cost a little more, so be it.
Ok then buy a Ford Focus or chevy Cruze, why do they need a $50,000+ Ford Explorer. Our BAs cover a huge area, can’t imagine the fuel bills.

710 steward

Baboon is so clever, thanks for calling me an idiot for having a different opinion. We can make this personal if you want, up to you. So tired of hearing what the company made last year, majority of the drivers at my building made over $100k last year, we have a great benefits pkg, including vacations, guys like you push the no vote because you hate UPS. I see nothing in this contract that I will vote no on.

I never said the hall had anything to do with this contract. Was referring to the horrible pension that’s becoming close to endangered status. Why do we need the hall? For the office space for teamcare? I’m sure Real estate taxes are outrageous. It’s a total waste of money, do we need a fully stocked bar that cost $300,000 to build? Do our BAs need brand new Ford Explorers? Keep calling me an idiot if that makes you feel better.

You’re right, I shouldn’t call you baboon. Baboons are more intelligent.

Most of your replies are all over the map because you have no idea how things work. The only thing that matters is YOUR bring home. Why does six billion matter?? Because your compensation package is based off of that. If the company was on the red would they want give backs?? As a YRC driver the answer to that question.

Again I ask the question, where do you see an improvement in this offer?? We lose bonus pay for Black Friday and replace what was once paid as a holiday into an extra optional day. You still lose holiday pay. There’s a loss to your bottom line for starters.

As far as 710 is concerned, our BA’s cover the largest area in the country. Dependable transportation is a must. Selling the hall isn’t going to happen. The past administration wanted that legacy. All that follow have nothing to do with the hall or what’s in it. Selling it for pennies on the dollar makes less sense than continuing with it. Everyone still needs an office to work out of and a place for membership meetings.

Looking forward to your reply. I’m sure you’ll have it loaded with facts and intelligent observations of our tentative agreement.

babboo25

Banned
You’re right, I shouldn’t call you baboon. Baboons are more intelligent.

Most of your replies are all over the map because you have no idea how things work. The only thing that matters is YOUR bring home. Why does six billion matter?? Because your compensation package is based off of that. If the company was on the red would they want give backs?? As a YRC driver the answer to that question.

Again I ask the question, where do you see an improvement in this offer?? We lose bonus pay for Black Friday and replace what was once paid as a holiday into an extra optional day. You still lose holiday pay. There’s a loss to your bottom line for starters.

As far as 710 is concerned, our BA’s cover the largest area in the country. Dependable transportation is a must. Selling the hall isn’t going to happen. The past administration wanted that legacy. All that follow have nothing to do with the hall or what’s in it. Selling it for pennies on the dollar makes less sense than continuing with it. Everyone still needs an office to work out of and a place for membership meetings.

Looking forward to your reply. I’m sure you’ll have it loaded with facts and intelligent observations of our tentative agreement.
Nah I’m done arguing with you, really don’t want to get insulted on a forum by someone who I guarantee wouldn’t do it face to face. Good luck on your no vote push.

710 steward

Nah I’m done arguing with you, really don’t want to get insulted on a forum by someone who I guarantee wouldn’t do it face to face. Good luck on your no vote push.

Trust me, I’d say it all face to face and I appreciate your acknowledgment that you can’t make the argument that’s it’s a solid contract for the members. The only thing it does is guarantee there isn’t a minimal work stoppage for fearful people like you. Accept less out of fear.

babboo25

Banned
Trust me, I’d say it all face to face and I appreciate your acknowledgment that you can’t make the argument that’s it’s a solid contract for the members. The only thing it does is guarantee there isn’t a minimal work stoppage for fearful people like you. Accept less out of fear.
Didn’t acknowledge anything, it’s a solid contract for the members. Minimal work stoppage would result in hundreds of lost jobs, this isn’t 1997, remember that cuz I do. $40hr/great benefits, I’ll be voting yes

babboo25

Banned
If you wanna meet up face to face today I’m a yes for that too.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Sean OB and the International Vice Presidents even agree that 2 d) may apply, just that Hoffa did not have to invoke 2 d) since UPS was willing to come back to the table, or that he did not apply 2 d) in 2013 so he does not have to apply it now.

The reason Hoffa didn't apply 2(d) in 2013.... was because 2(b) did apply.

"In the event such a special rider or supplement is not approved by the affected members, and the master agreement is ratified, the supplemental negotiating committee shall meet with the master negotiating committee to identify the issues which resulted in the rejection of the special rider or supplement. The master negotiating committee shall assist the supplemental negotiating committee when bargaining resumes with the employer in an effort to resolve the issues."

2013 and 2018.... were not similar.

The supplements that were continually voted down (2013) were because of TeamCare.

It came to a point, where any further negotiation or voting was futile.

And, in keeping with the broad powers the IBT President has.. he made a decision.

-Bug-

710 steward

Didn’t acknowledge anything, it’s a solid contract for the members. Minimal work stoppage would result in hundreds of lost jobs, this isn’t 1997, remember that cuz I do. $40hr/great benefits, I’ll be voting yes

I am far from advocating a work stoppage. It’s always a last resort. I am voting no for a list of solid reason. You’re voting yes because you’re fearful(again your words).