710 Votes No - 3 to 1 margin

But, he doesn't have that option. Never has.... and never will.

If you are such a savvy financial planner.... why have you just been driving a truck ?

You haven't had $18,000 a year in contributions, paid on your behalf for the last 30 years....

So, it's a moot point.

Are you announcing your candidacy for Local Union office ?

-Bug-

Never claimed to be a savvy investor, just common sense and financially responsible. You could do the math too, I have faith in you. I guess I was dupped into trusting someone into investing my money. My original plan was to retire at 55, but now it will just be a job change at 55.

Stonefish

If you are such a savvy financial planner.... why have you just been driving a truck ?

You haven't had $18,000 a year in contributions, paid on your behalf for the last 30 years....

So, it's a moot point.

Are you announcing your candidacy for Local Union office ?

-Bug-

The pension money paid was not even close to what it is today but you know BUG some people you can't explain it to.

Never claimed to be a savvy investor, just common sense and financially responsible. You could do the math too, I have faith in you. I guess I was dupped into trusting someone into investing my money. My original plan was to retire at 55, but now it will just be a job change at 55.
How many...savvy people can make this kind of dough? without spending 4 years In college (not making any money) and not having any student loans?...jmho

Last edited:

710 steward

Never is a long time, Bug. Never say never.

Do you know me? What makes you believe all I do is drive a truck?

So, it's a moot point.

Thank you. This is my favorite of all your posts. All dates below are August 1st dates.
Aug 2008 $297 weekly into the fund. It works out to $15444 for the year.

Aug 2009 $323 weekly. $16796 for the year.

Aug 2010 $349 weekly. $18148 for the year.

Aug 2011 $375 weekly. $19500 for the year.

Aug 2012 $401 weekly. 20852 for the year.

In this 5 year span $90740 per full time employee was contributed to the fund for an average of $18148 per year. If the same system was in place for 2007 that would mean $271 weekly would be added for a yearly total of $14092. If the same place is in place for 2013 it comes to $427 weekly and $22402 for the year. Again thank you for wanting this. The numbers don't bold well for status quo.

As for announcing my candidacy, does that make you nervous? It must because you brought it up. I'll get back to you on that. If I do Bug, please get out of the way. Bugs don't typically make it after they've been stepped on.

Not to burst your bubble but I think you are looking at your healthcare rates not pension rates.
What I meant was.......when you said how much money you was going to get In pension payouts.....that you need to deduct what you will have to pay for healthcare when you are retired. that you are not currently paying. and the way things are going, that number is going to keep on climbing.....Not trying to disagree with you........just saying....thats all

Stonefish

What I meant was.......when you said how much money you was going to get In pension payouts.....that you need to deduct what you will have to pay for healthcare when you are retired. that you are not currently paying. and the way things are going, that number is going to keep on climbing.....Not trying to disagree with you........just saying....thats all

I understand your point. We are getting a $200 bump in pension but I do agree the cost of healthcare continues to rise for all.

710 steward

Bug

Never is a long time. Remember that. Never say never.

In 2008 the weekly contribution was $297 and the annual was $15444.

2009 $323 weekly and annual was $16796.

2010 $ 349 weekly and annual was $18148

2011, $375 weekly and annual was $19500.

2012 $401 weekly and annual was $20852.

That's a grand total of $90740 and averages out to $18148 annually for the life of this 5 year contract. Please keep spreading the word that all is just fine. We are now contributing more to the pension than is allowed for a 401k and still getting a zero return rate.

As far as running, does that scare you? You did bring this up. If I'd do you'll be the first to know. Do me a favor, if I do please get out of the way. Bugs typically get squished after they get stepped on.

I understand your point. We are getting a $200 bump in pension but I do agree the cost of healthcare continues to rise for all.
If you retire now. what do you think your healthcare co pays will be 17 years from now? before medicare kicks in? Healthcare will go up, but your pension won't! it sucks...but thats the truth!

Stonefish

Bug

Never is a long time. Remember that. Never say never.

In 2008 the weekly contribution was $297 and the annual was $15444.

2009 $323 weekly and annual was $16796.

2010 $ 349 weekly and annual was $18148

2011, $375 weekly and annual was $19500.

2012 $401 weekly and annual was $20852.

That's a grand total of $90740 and averages out to $18148 annually for the life of this 5 year contract. Please keep spreading the word that all is just fine. We are now contributing more to the pension than is allowed for a 401k and still getting a zero return rate.

As far as running, does that scare you? You did bring this up. If I'd do you'll be the first to know. Do me a favor, if I do please get out of the way. Bugs typically get squished after they get stepped on.

Not to burst your bubble but I think you are looking at your healthcare rates not pension rates.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Their are thousands and thousands if unexplained dollars out there. Where is it all being used and why doesn't it benefit us more than it is??

Yes I am a steward. I am one that wants to make sure the word gets out that there are thousands of dollars that are not improving the lives and it's members.

Sounds like a TDU thread.... from someone at YRC.

You guys need a new act.

Yawn.

Wake me up.... when (if) that happens.

-Bug-

710 steward

Bug

Of course. All talk and nothing to back all of your words. I love guys like you. I would love to debate with you more but you are probably on your third trip to the buffet right now. Keep on truckin good buddy

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bug,

I would love to debate with you more but you are probably on your third trip to the buffet right now.

Pfft....

1z5m7iv.png

You must be a newbie.

-Bug-

710 steward

does anybody know when they are going back to the table?

710 officials were in our building about a week ago. We were told no new talks anytime soon. We were told that they will not be writing separate contracts for all of their buildings. They also told our part timers if the next contract doesn't go through they will lose all of their retro pay which is a complete lie. Do not expect anything anytime soon. They are trying to figure out how to get the last proposal out for a revote but not make it look like the exact same proposal.

Last edited: