8/9/18 The 2 Man Meeting

BlackCat

If it was needed then it would have happened. It wasn’t due to the fact that about 85% of the room was in favor. If it wasn’t such a crushing majority then there would have been a roll call. If that would have happened it probably would have been in the 90 percentile.

So the mandated approval by the majority won out... Shocking I tell you.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
He never worked a second for UPS or freight and could care less who he screws as long as he gets to the top.

I can't agree with that statement.

Look at the make-up of the IBT Executive Board.

Just because someone, hasn't been a UPS driver.... doesn't make them less qualified.

He’s done pretty well against UPS around these parts for someone that never worked there. It’s ironic that we have a stellar supplement and epic panel decisions with Sean who “never worked at UPS” and we get this guy who was a driver for UPS with all this experience that gets us the worst contract in history. You’re cute!

I will only take one exception.... with your post.

It's not the worst contract ever.

RC opened the door, in 1997.

It has set the precedent.... ever since.

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Just because someone, hasn't been a UPS driver.... doesn't make them less qualified.

-Bug-
This is why you are one of my favorite posters. Your honest and fair.i was being a little over the top.

Tony Q

-Bug-
I’m not saying Sean does not know UPS. In fact I do think he knows UPS. Where I take exception with wild load is where he tries to imply Taylor doesn’t know what he is doing. It’s a true statement that Sean has never worked a second in freight or UPS. He was a movie guy who piggy backed his dad, kinda like JR.

I will disagree with you on the 1997 contract BUG. I was on this contract and we did what we had to do. Brother Carey came through on the full time jobs, but introduced the two tier full time wage and did it in the name of Part Time America doesn’t work. It was disguised as this in order to keep UPS in a Central States Pension fund that he knew was going to die inevitably, due to the freight industry participates going out of business at a high rate with a very highly funded plan for the moment.

Maybe you and I were both there. Who knows.

Tony Q

So, are you happy with the way everything has turned out so far , with DT in charge?

Are you disappointed in things involving DTs' handling of negotiations?
In my opinion DT has done a better job than I thought was possible. The people who have tried to tarnish his name are jerks. He was a Vietnam veteran who served his country proudly and then came back and has fought his ass off for the members for over 40 years. His resume speaks for itself. We are talking about a man who had to take people’s lives for his country. A man who would have paid the ultimate sacrifice, and never tried to get out of anything.

If you want to talk crap about a man like this, you are someone who is unreasonable.

Time for change

In my opinion DT has done a better job than I thought was possible. The people who have tried to tarnish his name are jerks. He was a Vietnam veteran who served his country proudly and then came back and has fought his ass off for the members for over 40 years. His resume speaks for itself. We are talking about a man who had to take people’s lives for his country. A man who would have paid the ultimate sacrifice, and never tried to get out of anything.

If you want to talk crap about a man like this, you are someone who is unreasonable.
That is beside the point when negotiating a contract or appointing someone to negotiate a contract. Doesn’t have the intelligence or education. My husband DID give the ultimate sacrifice, had he not died wouldn’t mean he is qualified to negotiate a contract for a quarter million people.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

I appreciate his service for our country. However, he’s grown soft in his older years. If he thinks less is more? He’s wrong!

Tony Q

That is beside the point when negotiating a contract or appointing someone to negotiate a contract. Doesn’t have the intelligence or education. My husband DID give the ultimate sacrifice, had he not died wouldn’t mean he is qualified to negotiate a contract for a quarter million people.
Thank you for yours husbands sacrifice.

Now in know way did I imply that because he was in the military that it made him qualified to negotiate a master contract. The 40 years of being a Teamster had something to to with the latter.

DirtySouth

He wasn’t going to be scanning for support, sean was scanning to see who had balls and who were the pusillanimous.

A lot of the local leaders that shouted out "AYE" will be back on the truck or "retired" in the next 2-3 years. Sean was looking to see who was going to be gone.

Tony Q

Did you vote in favor of the contract “Tony”? There are 4 types of people Tony, ones that always supported Sean, ones that used support him now don’t, ones that didn’t support him now do but the worst ones in my opinion are the ones that supported him, now don’t but will again once the election is over. Which one will you be? Because I know which I am!
I didn’t have to vote for it. The room did.

Tony Q

A lot of the local leaders that shouted out "AYE" will be back on the truck or "retired" in the next 2-3 years. Sean was looking to see who was going to be gone.
Yes you are 100% right. He has been suspended for retaliation in the past. I believe it was a month about 4 years ago.

I appreciate his service for our country. However, he’s grown soft in his older years. If he thinks less is more? He’s wrong!
I agree... I’m a navy vet and I also appreciate his service... As the cheif negotiator for this contract, if he thinks this is the best contract we could have gotten... I’m sorry he is wrong!

Doubleparkedrunner

I don't know him, never met him , but would be the first to shake his hand and thank him for his service.

That being said, it really has nothing to do with this current contract. I have never called him an idiot or the likes and as far as his forty some odd years off service to the members , that's great and all but my only question has always been : Why is this contract so bad ? ( in my humble opinion of course )

You see; all that he has done for his country and for his members is in the past and even if he doesn't come through with a great contract this time around , I will admit that that does not tarnish all he has done throughout the years but it still begs the question of ...Why is this initial contract so concessionairy?

it's just baffling.