8 rules all Center Managers must follow

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Limper, Sep 13, 2014.

  1. Limper

    Limper Out For Delivery

    1. Pretend to listen to everyone's opinion, then do what the DM tells you.

    2. Never stray from the same 3 talking points at every PCM.

    3. Never respond to a driver's concern. Always say "I'll look into it".

    4. If a driver calls out, hit him with Depth of Knowledge the next day.

    5. Mislead the drivers by telling them you're working the same hours they are.

    6. Leave by 3 on Friday.

    7. If something goes wrong, blame a driver.

    8. If nothing goes wrong, blame a driver anyway.
    • Funny x 6
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. TooTechie

    TooTechie Geek in Brown

    You forgot deny all grievances and give a ridiculous reason.
  3. Overpaid Union Thug

    Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

    No no no no no......I strongly disagree. The first should have been....

    1. Always bring at least three packs of cigarettes to work each day and at least two cigarette lighters.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Wally

    Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

    "Prejudge everything before you even talk to the driver".
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. BrownTexas

    BrownTexas Well-Known Member

    May I add... Retaliate for every grievance filed, just make sure it cannot be proven retaliation.
  6. Shifting Contents

    Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

    This is not company wide. Perhaps (I know this won't be popular) this is an attitude caused by drives who refuse to work with any member of management on principle?

    Sent using BrownCafe App
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Shifting Contents

    Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

    Much like how you guys say "screw em they get what they deserve" maybe they think the same way

    Sent using BrownCafe App
  8. youllbefine

    youllbefine Active Member

    Our center manager is also a good guy ! Doesn't smoke and works way more hours than I would ever want!!
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. hellfire

    hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

    stop..there is no positive talk about management allowed here,, and just remember godbless the union and everything is the runners fault
  10. OPTION3

    OPTION3 Well-Known Member

    SEE Rule #7
  11. idrivethetruck

    idrivethetruck Slow & steady wins the race.

    In over 20 years of driving, I don't remember a single manager who smoked. I only remember one on-car sup who did. I loved pissing him off by refusing to let him smoke during safety rides. I told him I was allergic to cigarette smoke.:hapydancsmil:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. bleedinbrown58

    bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

    Seriously....an OC in my center tries to bum smokes off me at least twice a week.
  13. Dragon

    Dragon Package Center Manager

    Just because you file a grievance doesn't mean you are automatically correct right. It's a process.
  14. bleedinbrown58

    bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

    Most of Management smokes in my center.
  15. oldngray

    oldngray nowhere special

    ... and what are they smoking?
  16. Gumby

    Gumby *

    I rember when you could smoke in the garage,not the office.

    One time I was in the office a big boss came in.

    My OC panicked,threw his cig in the trash can.

    Started a fire,laughed my :censored2: off.
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

    UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

    Just curious, what % of the grievances filed in your center are without merit and/or basis?
  18. scisector9

    scisector9 Active Member

    Rule #9. Don't smile. Ever. It shows weakness.

    My center manager never smiles. Ever. He thanked me once for having a positive attitude I told him to smile. Said "I'm working on it."
  19. Rainman

    Rainman Its all good.

    Before I started driving there was a guy in our center who liked to mess with A-hole management. One day he had an on car AND a center manager both on car with him. They both lit up, and he asked them not to smoke in his car. They put out the cigs, whereupon he lit up his own. They were not happy.

    Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
  20. Dragon

    Dragon Package Center Manager

    70% and the other 30% can be debated...
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List