$8 to pick a package up at the center????

Brown Down

The access point is actually better for the customer under most circumstances.
It should have been a signed up service like the electronic releases. Have plenty of pissed off people with it having to drive miles out of their way to get them. Just like a lot of things. Great on paper. Implemented as poorly as possible.

It should have been a signed up service like the electronic releases. Have plenty of pissed off people with it having to drive miles out of their way to get them. Just like a lot of things. Great on paper. Implemented as poorly as possible.
I guess. If I deliver at 1400 in the same neighborhood every day, and I get a NI3, is it more inconvenient to drive 5 minutes or deal with UPS and/or reorder the item?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Some places used COD send agains to use UPS as a warehouse. Wait until the 3rd day before they decide whether they want it or not.

I had two customers that did that.

One was a computer manufacturer and the other was an Indy Lite racing outfit.... and were always cash only.

On more than one occasion, I had to return to the building and dump them off because I couldn't work around them.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had two customers that did that.

One was a computer manufacturer and the other was an Indy Lite racing outfit.... and were always cash only.

On more than one occasion, I had to return to the building and dump them off because I couldn't work around them.
A couple of ghetto clothing stores were notorious for that

Brown Down

I guess. If I deliver at 1400 in the same neighborhood every day, and I get a NI3, is it more inconvenient to drive 5 minutes or deal with UPS and/or reorder the item?
I get a ton back from being sent to the access points because the customers WANT us to deliver to their door. The people you describe could sign up. The ones I describe aren't able to opt out as it's a shipper option not a customer option. Just another "service" :censored2: up form united parcel
And for the record I'm not against access points but at least the company should implement things correctly. Sign up, pick where it gets sent, etc. those decisions should NOT be the companies decision.

worldwide

What the :censored2: is this bull:censored2:? When did this nonsense start? I used to have deliveries held all the time either for security or signature reasons with no issue. Now I have to pay $8 just pick it up at the center it's already at anyway??? Get :censored2:ed. Give me USPS every time.
Where in the rate and service guide is there an $8 charge for hold for pickup? Nowhere. In fact, it states it is a free service.

1708006069861.png