85 Year Old Justice Ginsburg Falls!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
She should be safe from the tRump flu, they are heading arguments by phone!

over9five

Staff member
If you have DECIDED to keep working at 87 years old, you have proven you can't make good DECISIONS. (Like a Supreme Court Justice would want to do...)

vantexan

If you have DECIDED to keep working at 87 years old, you have proven you can't make good DECISIONS. (Like a Supreme Court Justice would want to do...)
She probably would have retired if Hillary got elected. If Trump is re-elected she will probably try to hang on in hopes of a Democrat in '24. They desperately don't want a 6-3 conservative court.

Last edited:

JJinVA

It will be fine

A precedence was set 4 yrs ago. No replacement on election year. Would be interesting to see everyone's integrity when they flip flop again.
Joni Ernst already explained how it’s different. The difference is this time there’s Republicans in both the White House and Senate so they will fill a vacancy. That’s it, she didn’t even pretend to have shame.

vantexan

A precedence was set 4 yrs ago. No replacement on election year. Would be interesting to see everyone's integrity when they flip flop again.
Wasn't really a precedent set then. That's been the custom for a very long time. As much as I want that extra conservative on the court I want them to stick to the tradition. Otherwise we'll have more liberal insanity. Even if Trump wins I pity the judge nominated for the open seat in the next term. Most likely a woman, and the libs will have pics of her pulling wings off of flies as a little girl and holding guns to the heads of men she raped in college. Christine Blasey Ford will come forth to tell about the time the judge as a young woman refused to have sex with a black woman(Racist! Homophobe!). She was there, saw the whole thing!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The left would absolutely lose their minds if...........nvm, they dont have minds to lose.

Theyre gonna start throwing poop like wild monkeys when Trump replaces her with another staunch conservative.
They have not been 'conservative' ... they have been Constitutionalist.
They believe in Congress passing laws, not the SCOTUS making laws up.

vantexan

They have not been 'conservative' ... they have been Constitutionalist.
They believe in Congress passing laws, not the SCOTUS making laws up.
There are still liberal and conservative wings of the court though with many votes coming down to each wing on opposite sides. They can't both be right in their interpretation of the Constitution. One might argue that Roberts is a strict constitutionalist because he often sides with the liberal wing. Might call him a traitor too, depending on your viewpoint!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
There are still liberal and conservative wings of the court though with many votes coming down to each wing on opposite sides. They can't both be right in their interpretation of the Constitution. One might argue that Roberts is a strict constitutionalist because he often sides with the liberal wing. Might call him a traitor too, depending on your viewpoint!
I see Roberts as a Constitutionalist, albeit not strict, that sides with Individual Freedom of USA citizens.
He does side with the born USA citizens over the unborn who are not citizens.
I guess a human that is not yet born has second class citizenship status ... which is OK with me.

Last edited: