85 Year Old Justice Ginsburg Falls!

oldngray

nowhere special
I see Roberts as a Constitutionalist that sides with Individual Freedom of USA citizens.
He does side with the born USA citizens over the unborn who are not citizens.
I guess a human that is not yet born has second class status ... which is OK with me.
Roberts tends to judge based more on what he wants the law to say than how it is actually written. Even if he has to dance to hoops to have it seen that way.

vantexan

I see Roberts as a Constitutionalist that sides with Individual Freedom of USA citizens.
He does side with the born USA citizens over the unborn who are not citizens.
I guess a human that is not yet born has second class citizenship status ... which is OK with me.
So ok to kill second class citizens? I'll let'em know!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Roberts tends to judge based more on what he wants the law to say than how it is actually written. Even if he has to dance to hoops to have it seen that way.
I'd say he looks for strong derivative interpretations from Constitutional law.
Non-Constitutionalist justices look for any strand of derivation no matter how tenuous.
All Justices have to look for some derivations as the Constitution was written 200+ years ago,
with Amendments updating the Constitution along the way.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
So ok to kill second class citizens? I'll let'em know!
Let me know how they respond.
"Life Sucks!"
It appears we are born DemWit Antifa Anarchists ... and we all have to grow out of it!
1596388745418.png

cachmeifucan

I'm actually glad rbg is hanging in there. My theory is that many swing voters may swing to Biden just so that the supreme court is even. Although we all know if the Democrats don't steal the election with mail in ballot harvesting trump might get 2 more supreme court picks maybe even 3

floridays

Non-Constitutionalist justices look for any strand of derivation no matter how tenuous.
All Justices have to look for some derivations as the Constitution was written 200+ years ago,
When given birth by the Constitution, their only task is was to call balls and strikes on the Constitution and Bills brought forth by the Representative bodies signed into Law by the Executive.

That was the function of State Supreme Courts as well.

oldngray

nowhere special
When given birth by the Constitution, their only task is was to call balls and strikes on the Constitution and Bills brought forth by the Representative bodies signed into Law by the Executive.

That was the function of State Supreme Courts as well.
the liberal view is the Constitution is a living document that can be interpreted differently as political winds shift. Strict Constitutionalists interpret it as written and not by their feelings or how they wish it was written. It can be changed but by Congress and Amendments. Not by judicial activism.

floridays

Actually, they don't.

Not all Justices do but, their duty as envisioned, by the Founders was to remand a case to the former Court with instruction. If a Constitutional remedy was not found in that Court, it was back to the lawmakers.

In no way did our Founders want 7 then 9 judges in judicial robes making laws.
That was not their purpose when instituted, that was the task given to Congress.

floridays

I'd say he has no place on the Court, much more no place as Chief Justice.

No argument needed, his record speaks for him.

Unfortunately I will not be able to water his grave from water filtered through my kidneys.

floridays

I'd say he has no place on the Court, much more no place as Chief Justice.

No argument needed, his record speaks for him.

Unfortunately I will not be able to water his grave from water filtered through my kidneys.
What the hell was funny about that post @Old Man Jingles?

It's sad I won't be around to water his grave, I love turf. :nonono: :lol::2guns: