85 Year Old Justice Ginsburg Falls!

bacha29

and they could replace your job with a 4 dollar an hour person and get better results.

thats why we want to seal the border to prevent you from losing your job to some illegal.
Once again in the absence of a meaningful counterpoint you try to shift the focus of the discussion over to a completely unrelated matter. That's why I enjoy you pseudo conservatives. You're all bound and determined to make the entire nation conform to a strict conservative ideology and governance as long as it doesn't impact your own lives in an adverse manner.

bacha29

The only logic you seem to be missing is that it takes a special kind of a nut to do UPS' work. Many have tried , most have failed, those that make it and can still tolerate the daily abuse are worth every penny they earn.
I never said they didn't earn what they are getting. What I'm saying is that what they are being paid is determined to a much greater extent by the protected labor market they enjoy courtesy of New Deal era legislation which would most certainly be far less if exposed to the open and free market principles the pseudo conservatives are preaching....... Want to see what a free and open labor market looks like?.....Take a look at Fedex Ground. That's an open labor market with a pay scale based accordingly.

oldngray

nowhere special
Fail!

Now you realize why he wrote what he wrote.
maroon.jpg

newfie

Once again in the absence of a meaningful counterpoint you try to shift the focus of the discussion over to a completely unrelated matter. That's why I enjoy you pseudo conservatives. You're all bound and determined to make the entire nation conform to a strict conservative ideology and governance as long as it doesn't impact your own lives in an adverse manner.

you sound tongue tied. It was very relevant to your point. Keep blabbering

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You "free market" pseudo conservatives especially those of you at UPS who have enjoyed all the benefits of a protected labor market courtesy of Taft Hartley need to keep something in mind. For decades you have taken that benefit for granted. However a SCOTUS stacked with conservative judges will increase the possibility if not the likelihood of a court willing to hear arguments challenging Taft Hartley and the collective bargaining rights therein. A real possibility given recent court decisions as well as states passing right to work laws. If SCOTUS were to overturn Taft Hartley think of the brave new world of an open labor market it could bring to UPS and other companies.

For example a person could walk into a UPS terminal and say to management: " Look you don't need to pay Newfie here $40 an hour along with his very expensive benefit package. I'll do it for $16 an hour and cheaper benefits." UPS would then be perfectly free to take him as well as thousands of others up on the offer because there would be no lawfully organized opposition or resistance in place to stop it The IBT would exist in name only and all of it's power stripped away. .....So what would you have in the end?......Fedex Ground.
Yup.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I would assume there are a lot of Repubs down there also hiding their inheritance money. I think Fla. is one of the few states that allows that.
There is not that many 1% down there compared to the rest of the population.
70% Dims and 30% Repugs.
A lot of the 1% are Dims too.

The 1% hides their money in Costa Rica and the Caymans.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I would assume there are a lot of Repubs down there also hiding their inheritance money. I think Fla. is one of the few states that allows that.
They're all in The Villages. Maybe they should get the contract to count Florida's votes.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I never said they didn't earn what they are getting. What I'm saying is that what they are being paid is determined to a much greater extent by the protected labor market they enjoy courtesy of New Deal era legislation which would most certainly be far less if exposed to the open and free market principles the pseudo conservatives are preaching....... Want to see what a free and open labor market looks like?.....Take a look at Fedex Ground. That's an open labor market with a pay scale based accordingly.
No, I understood your reference the first time.
What you fail to understand is the upper mgt at UPS is made up of failed drivers, the ones who always did the least work. No way, are they going to want to spend their entire careers always training newbies. What are the costs associated with just getting a newbie in for their first shift, say a grand, now combine that with a high turn over rate and soon many centers would be operating at a lost within the company structure. Losing center's mgt teams do not advance upward with such poor records, most are shown the door themselves.