9.5 AND GROUND OUT BOUND

Whereistheunion

Yes the intent to suspend me for 3 days for going over 9.5 how do I write it up and a solution thank u

Yes the intent to suspend me for 3 days for going over 9.5 how do I write it up and a solution thank u!!
You can look at your( dispatch numbers) are they giving you 9.5 and under dispatches if so you don't have a case but file a ( harassment) grievance anyway the company can't suspend you solely for going over 9.5 find the dispatch manager and get the facts about your dispatches. Are your dispatches 8.4, 11.5, so on and so forth.

a911scanner

MRGETTHATMUSTARD:

Although coming on here for answers to questions can be a good thing, I would recommend you try to do 2 things.

#1) Find your Union Steward in your shop to help you answer these questions with a local spin.

#2) Please try to type your messages more slowly, with less frustration. Then proof-read what you have typed out before you post it. It would be much easier for us to understand you & help you.

Thanks in advance for doing #2! (and thanks to Wally for trying to help decipher)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's a known route for heavy volume they check on me every day and they should already know I'm going to be over if I'm taking a lunch @ 515 everyday with 30 to 50 stops after break each day with 18 pick up and they know I'm pressing for time and I'm over by 3 minutes they ask me am i going to keep the 3min from going over said no leave the 3mins the next day I have paperwork
And now a Wallation™:

Let it be understood, the route in question is notoriously heavy. Management is obviously keenly aware of this fact and checks the dispatch number daily. I cannot fathom them being so cretinous as not to see the possibility of a 9-5 day?

As it is, I take lunch everyday, with 30-50 stops remaining, plus 18 pick ups...

(Editors note: The rest of the transcript is unintelligible, and not suitable for translation at this time)

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
Union does not recognize their numbers. Get with your Stewart, and file a grievance or two. They're structures for warning letters, beginning with verbal warnings. Suspensions are a few steps into the process. Regardless, if you called when you found out you won't make it, because of a ups store hold up that would have otherwise had you back before 8 then you followed directive.

I've never heard of being written up for going over 9.5. I have heard of, getting fired for "stealing time" but that's a lengthy process that usually requires more than just one day being late and is very hard to prove considering the union doesn't recognize their numbers.

Sounds like your mgmt started something and it's up to you to protect yourself. Get with your Stewart and discuss a plan of action. If your Stewart is useless, call your union hall or speak to your business agent for your local. Goodluck, and don't let this stress you out. It's what they want to make you work in an unsafe manner to reach numbers that are virtually impossible.

AKCoverMan

getting your pickups back by 8 is the flavor of the week. if you're not going to make 9.5 you should know by now to send a message over the diad stating so.
So wait...

They plan out our whole day with turn by turn instructions, they have real time monitoring all day of what we have done, what we have left, and where we are. How can they NOT know we’re gonna be over 9.5?

I’m not sending anyone a message. I’m sure they know what’s going on.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You can look at your( dispatch numbers) are they giving you 9.5 and under dispatches if so you don't have a case but file a ( harassment) grievance anyway the company can't suspend you solely for going over 9.5 find the dispatch manager and get the facts about your dispatches. Are your dispatches 8.4, 11.5, so on and so forth.
dispatched over 9.5 LMAO who cares does not matter at all

MRGETTHATMUSTARD:

Although coming on here for answers to questions can be a good thing, I would recommend you try to do 2 things.

#1) Find your Union Steward in your shop to help you answer these questions with a local spin.

#2) Please try to type your messages more slowly, with less frustration. Then proof-read what you have typed out before you post it. It would be much easier for us to understand you & help you.

Thanks in advance for doing #2! (and thanks to Wally for trying to help decipher)

I would love to go to my steward but its like I'm dancing with the devil because both making deals with the center manager then it gets sweep under the rug until I go over 9.5 then its brought back up

Whereistheunion

Please, go to your (union steward) you pay union dues and initiation fees. Make the union work for you. That is our unions sole purpose, represent its members. Do not spend another minute with management harassing you about 9.5 issues without your ( union steward) present.

SandSpida

1630242885268.jpeg

Cowboy Mac

I would love to go to my steward but its like I'm dancing with the devil because both making deals with the center manager then it gets sweep under the rug until I go over 9.5 then its brought back up
If you think you’re going to be over 9.5, send a message early communicating that. When they ask for your ETA, send a late ETA. If they don’t send help, that’s on them. You are not responsible for their failures.

AKCoverMan

If you think you’re going to be over 9.5, send a message early communicating that. When they ask for your ETA, send a late ETA. If they don’t send help, that’s on them. You are not responsible for their failures.
Again, I’m not sending a message about being over 9.5.. they must already know. If they don’t, that’s on them. They will get my grievance.

Brownslave688

Again, I’m not sending a message about being over 9.5.. they must already know. If they don’t, that’s on them. They will get my grievance.
Well you’d have zero shot of ever getting paid here.

They will just say he never told us how were we supposed to know?
And they’d win 10 out of 10 times.

AKCoverMan

Well you’d have zero shot of ever getting paid here.

They will just say he never told us how were we supposed to know?
And they’d win 10 out of 10 times.
Not in my local.

I mean sure before telematics and EDD and PAS and everything else then sure, of course I would send messages. But now? “How were we supposed to know?” Seriously? I mean if I stop to pee they probably know how many times I shake it. Geez..

I mean they have all the data. I have to remind them to actually use it?

Brownslave688

Not in my local.

I mean sure before telematics and EDD and PAS and everything else then sure, of course I would send messages. But now? “How were we supposed to know?” Seriously? I mean if I stop to pee they probably know how many times I shake it. Geez..

I mean they have all the data. I have to remind them to actually use it?
They just say what are we supposed to do sit at the computer and stare at every driver all day every day?

like I said total non starter most places if you don’t inform them that you are over 9.5.