9.5 AND GROUND OUT BOUND

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow. Just, “wow”.
Sending in a message. “Hey might be over 9.5” is the simplest damn thing in the world to do.

the “I don’t need to send them a message they should already know” hill. Is the the dumbest freaking hill in the world to die on. It’s just being stubborn to be stubborn.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Sending in a message. “Hey might be over 9.5” is the simplest damn thing in the world to do.

the “I don’t need to send them a message they should already know” hill. Is the the dumbest freaking hill in the world to die on. It’s just being stubborn to be stubborn.
Why on earth would you give the labor manager an argument to work with???

Geez.
People are dumb.

Poop Head

Judge me.

They ask for eta. They can see everything on the computer. Here, if youre over 2 days, they'll send a message asking if you will be under or not. Then how many stops taken off to make it under.

AKCoverMan

My grievance checks beg to differ.

AKCoverMan

It’s not a “hill to climb”. The point is they do not pay any attention to 9.5. Most of the OMSs don’t even know who is 9.5 List and who is not. They certainly don’t know if today will be my strike one, two, or three. The company cut routes when it’s been shown time and time again that cutting that route will put all three adjacent routes over 9.5.. they know before I even get to work that I’ll be over 9.5. I just do my job, file all the grievances, and cash the checks. Eventually after bunch of grievances the Titanic will finally turn and for awhile I’ll be under 9.5. But I’ll be busy filing 9.5s for someone else. Seems like it’s always someones turn in the barrel.. we are a small building but haven’t had single week with everyone under 9.5 all year... usually a quarter of the list filing most weeks.

Like I always tell people UPS is a great gig, the worst thing is that it’s all too often too much of a good thing! I’m glad the checks are fat.

Brownslave688

They ask for eta. They can see everything on the computer. Here, if youre over 2 days, they'll send a message asking if you will be under or not. Then how many stops taken off to make it under.
Well an eta would be informing them you’re over if it’s late enough. They don’t ask for an eta here.

The frustrating part here is they almost never respond acknowledging that you said you were over 9.5. So you just have to assume they got your message.

Brownslave688

My grievance checks beg to differ.
That’s great but it’s still terrible advice and doesn’t change the fact that it’s just a stupid stance to take.
All it takes is a new labor manager to say yeah….. We are gonna take it to panel. Then you’re sitting there with basically no case at all because you have zero proof at all that they knew you were over 9:5 and needed help.

Brownslave688

Why on earth would you give the labor manager an argument to work with???

Geez.
People are dumb.
It’s like oh well they should have known I’d have late air.

why? Did you tell them?

no

ok 3 week suspension.

I swear it’s like people started here yesterday lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well an eta would be informing them you’re over if it’s late enough. They don’t ask for an eta here.

The frustrating part here is they almost never respond acknowledging that you said you were over 9.5. So you just have to assume they got your message.
Keep sending them until they respond
Bugs the S* out of them

AKCoverMan

That’s great but it’s still terrible advice and doesn’t change the fact that it’s just a stupid stance to take.
All it takes is a new labor manager to say yeah….. We are gonna take it to panel. Then you’re sitting there with basically no case at all because you have zero proof at all that they knew you were over 9:5 and needed help.
Their own data says I’ll be over 9.5. The Orion schedule says my eta to last stop is after 9.5. Oh, and it has me at my first stop ten minutes after start time but we have our own sort and load so yeah.. they know I’m gonna be over probably before I went to bed the night before.

An ODS message be like sending a letter, then sending an email to say “I sent you a letter”, then sending a text that says “hey, check your email!” Or it would just be whining. I don’t whine about my dispatch I get it done and cash the checks. I assume if they running me over regular they must be counting on paying for it. I don’t want to work that late but if I do I figure I’m a few hours closer to retirement. 😀

If your local allows this as an excuse to withdraw its weak IMO. Again, before all the tech it was whole different deal. But now? Heck if they ask me “what happened?” I answer “you must already know”.

Brownslave688

Their own data says I’ll be over 9.5. The Orion schedule says my eta to last stop is after 9.5. Oh, and it has me at my first stop ten minutes after start time but we have our own sort and load so yeah.. they know I’m gonna be over probably before I went to bed the night before.

An ODS message be like sending a letter, then sending an email to say “I sent you a letter”, then sending a text that says “hey, check your email!” Or it would just be whining. I don’t whine about my dispatch I get it done and cash the checks. I assume if they running me over regular they must be counting on paying for it. I don’t want to work that late but if I do I figure I’m a few hours closer to retirement. 😀

If your local allows this as an excuse to withdraw its weak IMO. Again, before all the tech it was whole different deal. But now? Heck if they ask me “what happened?” I answer “you must already know”.
Orion eta doesn’t hold up at panel lol

hell the Union doesn’t recognize their numbers.

like I said it’s being stubborn just to be stubborn. Glad it’s worked out for you but if any labor manager decides to push it to panel you won’t stand a chance.

AKCoverMan

Orion eta doesn’t hold up at panel lol

hell the Union doesn’t recognize their numbers.

like I said it’s being stubborn just to be stubborn. Glad it’s worked out for you but if any labor manager decides to push it to panel you won’t stand a chance.
It never gets past center level

AKCoverMan

We're instructed here to send a message before 3pm if you are not going to make 9.5.

WAD.
Sure.. and if I am ever given that instruction I’ll take a minute every day at 1455 to pull over and send a message that says I may be over 9.5 today. Every day because, hey, who knows? I’ll set alarm on my phone to remind me. It’s stupid, but not unsafe, illegal, or dishonest so I’ll follow the stupid instruction and as always it will put money in my pocket.

But I won’t send message unless instructed it’s waste of time.

542thruNthru

Sure.. and if I am ever given that instruction I’ll take a minute every day at 1455 to pull over and send a message that says I may be over 9.5 today. Every day because, hey, who knows? I’ll set alarm on my phone to remind me. It’s stupid, but not unsafe, illegal, or dishonest so I’ll follow the stupid instruction and as always it will put money in my pocket.

But I won’t send message unless instructed it’s waste of time.
I send the same thing every day. "I may go over 9.5" usually send it right before lunch.