9.5 during peek

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ps I'm single live cheap and have a nice chunk in my account. Keep the ot, I'd rather live something resembling a normal life and make 150-200$ less a week. Bring on the 40 hr work weeks!!!! There will always be guys trying to keep up with the joneses who want those 55 hour weeks. Go hard.
See what 40 hours with a ups paycheck gets you in many parts of the county.... not much....it’s not that some of these drivers are trying to keep up with the jones’.... they ARE JUST TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH THE BASIC BILLS....I know some of you guys out there got into markets years ago when prices were low, or live in parts of the country where it is still somewhat affordable but many of us don’t have that luxury.... and not everyone needs the ot just to buy large homes and 90k trucks.....it’s getting old!!

542thruNthru

See what 40 hours with a ups paycheck gets you in many parts of the county.... not much....it’s not that some of these drivers are trying to keep up with the jones’.... they ARE JUST TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH THE BASIC BILLS....I know some of you guys out there got into markets years ago when prices were low, or live in parts of the country where it is still somewhat affordable but many of us don’t have that luxury.... and not everyone needs the ot just to buy large homes and 90k trucks.....it’s getting old!!

The next thing some guy in small town USA will tell you to move. Yep because it's that easy. :)

542thruNthru

Small town USA guy here....I think the guy should just move. It isn't hard at all!

Tell that to the people that can't transfer like us. Like in NorCal.
baby-oil-slap.gif

3o7qDU4Qe60UrIS2WY.gif

That's an insane amount of interest over 30 years compared to today's rates. Even 4% is scary dollars to look at on a $400K house.
That's what the going rate at the time. When the rates came down after 9-11 I took out a home equity loan at a much lower rate and paid off the first mortage.

And that's another reason why you don't buy a house with little money down

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
God I would have dominated in the 80s. I'm still cleaning up early 20s mistakes. Cheap living situation and excellent at saving money and cheap leisure with simple hobbies (video games, cheap seats to a game or concert every once in a while. I live in a top ten most expensive in the country area but I am in a privileged situation. You can go from broke to buying a house with this or any 20$ an hour job, you just have to play the game and not let it play you. Don't just be a dumb consumer blowing money every day. FIND a non luxurious cheap place to live however/wherever you gotta do that. Do all your spending on the weekends for the week and just carry 20-30$ bucks cash. When you have a good week take an extra 20 out. Every few weekends or so go do something sweet that mighy cost 50-100 bucks. Eat top ramen mac n cheese cereal find friends or family that cook and pitch in and get a good meal every once in a while. Anerican opportunity is not dead and I'm proving it and it feels damn good. It's harder and harder economically and that's not going to change and there will be periods of big adjustments with wages and living out of whack, it's always been so. Just gotta be smarter than the average American slob. And it's taken me basically my entire 20s to figure all this out and lots of failing and crashing on couches. Don't let thr game play you, you play the game the way you need to