9.5 excessive overtime day.

Thebrownblob

They should have the 22.4’s come take over routes once rpcd’s hit their 8 hrs.
I remember when they first were talking about having 22.4 and managers were laughing saying now you guys are going to lose all your overtime. We’re gonna make you come back in eight hours every day. Now I not only are they not doing that but many RPCDs are forced to work six days while 22.4 is only work five. 😂 this company could screw up a wet dream.

Cowboy Mac

There is no language in the contract to end excessive OT, and never has been. That’s why another contract is coming up and we’re talking about it again. FYI I worked more OT hours this contract than any before.
Correct. All I was saying was if you were already a driver, more specifically a driver already in progression when the 2018 contract went into effect, you got better 9.5 protections than under the previous contract. Remember before that, you had to have finished progression, or be on the same route all week to file 9.5.

Did the 2018 contract end unwanted excessive overtime? Heck no. But more people were able to get paid for the abuse that was going to happen anyways.

I’m not excusing it. And I still believe it was a terrible deal.

Thebrownblob

Correct. All I was saying was if you were already a driver, more specifically a driver already in progression when the 2018 contract went into effect, you got better 9.5 protections than under the previous contract. Remember before that, you had to have finished progression, or be on the same route all week to file 9.5.

Did the 2018 contract end unwanted excessive overtime? Heck no. But more people were able to get paid for the abuse that was going to happen anyways.

I’m not excusing it. And I still believe it was a terrible deal.
What if you want overtime? Or at the very least don’t mind it?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What time are people starting? It’s usually 830 on Monday 9 o’clock at the rest of the week here. Of course, start time does not necessarily always equal launch time.
Add 30 minutes to any start time due to preload delay. Management moves preload start time based on center start time. Not the brightest thing to do if you want drivers on the road early.

Thebrownblob

Add 30 minutes to any start time due to preload delay. Management moves preload start time based on center start time. Not the brightest thing to do if you want drivers on the road early.
Wally I don’t think they care, management is very good at understanding how to manipulate, weak minded people to skip their lunch and run to get done at the same time as if they left at 8:30. If I leave the building an hour later, I get done an hour later or worse.

Thebrownblob

The funniest part of the day is about 4:30- 445 when I start getting phone calls from the same drivers…..

4:45 hey, this is so and so. They just sent me a message to go take 40 stops off another driver. We left the building at 9:50. I had 200 stops. Why do I have to help?

Me: did you already finish 200 stops at 4:45?

Driver: yes

Me: have fun helping until you figure this out

JustDeliverIt

So my local has been outside each building twice the last couple weeks signing anyone up that wants to be on 9.5. My BA told me today that the IBT wanted them to do it all on one day and make a show of it (today Jan 3rd). He didn't think it made any sense doing it just one day and the day after a holiday at that.

So I'm just curious how many locals were outside today trying to get everyone on the 9.5 list? I'm curious mainly because this is the first real show of solidarity before the contract and it seemed poorly planned to me. Though I do wish my local had participated I can see why they didn't.

Our BA was at the door this morning signing people up. Said today was the national sign up day.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I remember when they first were talking about having 22.4 and managers were laughing saying now you guys are going to lose all your overtime. We’re gonna make you come back in eight hours every day. Now I not only are they not doing that but many RPCDs are forced to work six days while 22.4 is only work five. 😂 this company could screw up a wet dream.
I knew that would never happen because it would make too many people HAPPY to not work excessive OT. This company thrives on the misery of the employees

allahuakbar

She/Her
We had dudes that slug around literally having full panic attacks because they thought it was gonna be the case. Kinda wish it was. I only want 8 hours myself.