9.5 is a joke

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Y

You better have a 8 hour request if you do that or you won't have to worry about 9/5 anymore you won't have a job. We have no quit delivering in 8 hours in the central region or any region I know of
You'd think they would be fired. We have guys calling in everyday saying I'm done and coming in cover my late drop boxes. And these idiots do it. Every freaking day.

35years

Gravy route
Y

You better have a 8 hour request if you do that or you won't have to worry about 9/5 anymore you won't have a job. We have no quit delivering in 8 hours in the central region or any region I know of
In the Central region you have the right to bring back stops as missed without penalty after completing 8 hours if you had a 8 hour request that was not denied.

You need to inform them you can't get them done so they can take them from you. It is best to inform them before you take the truck out if you think you have too many. Then text them via DIAD at noon or so, and then as you are finishing up the last stops for 8 hours before heading in.

The 2 hour penalty pay still applies if you work over 8.5 on a valid 8 hour day, if you don't bring them back.

In either case management should be notified that you wont make 8 hours so they can send help.

35years

Gravy route
You'd think they would be fired. We have guys calling in everyday saying I'm done and coming in cover my late drop boxes. And these idiots do it. Every freaking day.
And the sups send others to cover them?
Probably because they are runners and the sups realize they will be way under allowed if they cover the drop boxes for them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And the sups send others to cover them?
Probably because they are runners and the sups realize they will be way under allowed if they cover the drop boxes.
Yep then the guy that covers them gets bitched at for being over on miles.

Oh yeah these guys run. They pretty much tell management I'm not working after 5.

Faceplanted

Keep filing. I went through over a year of bs. Got a check for THOUsANDS in excess ot. Guess what happened.... my route magically got fixed.

Also do not settle!!!!!!!! Tell them you want every dime owed to you.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I have filed to be on the 9.5 list.

I am still working almost as much since I filed. My workweek barely has a dent in it. I have gone from 56-58 hours a week to 54-55.

My question is this: since I want less hours, what is next to force UPS to honor my request? I am filing for the penalty pay but they do not seem to care. Any great strategies out there?
They won't care about paying penalty pay until a much higher up puts a stop to it. They have no choice but to pay when they don't have the routes or people.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
for what?
IMG_3584.jpg

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
scratch said they loaded him up 2 days, not 3
Correct, the company will NOT ASSIGN excessive overtime on the 2 remaining days. Scratch said they loaded him up on 2 which is the exact violation of the contract. If we are talking 9.6, I can understand. But if your over 10 the additional 2 days, file on excessive OT on the 2 remaining.