9.5 is a joke

wayfair

swollen member
Been done already. Numerous times. Question, is UPS allowed to assign excessive work on the remaining 2 days in a workweek?

I've made a bunch of cash for excessive OT while being on the 9.5 list...
I've never met anyone who has successfully won a grievance because they only had 2 days over 9.5...

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I've never met anyone who has successfully won a grievance because they only had 2 days over 9.5...
Hi I'm wide load. I've won a grievance for a Thursday and Friday dispatched with over 12 days on both.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You don't win money you win a reduced workload.

They are supposed to try and keep you under 9.5 every day.

Brownslave688

explain that to my DPS
Have you ever filed on it?

You need proof like stop and pieces numbers. Take notes of splits you get those days that you don't normally have.

File enough and it'll be taken care. If you go on the 9.5 list the company agrees to make an attempt to reduce OT. EVERY DAY. not 2 days a week or 3 or 4

wayfair

swollen member
Have you ever filed on it?

You need proof like stop and pieces numbers. Take notes of splits you get those days that you don't normally have.

File enough and it'll be taken care. If you go on the 9.5 list the company agrees to make an attempt to reduce OT. EVERY DAY. not 2 days a week or 3 or 4
I've been on the 9.5 list for the last 12 years... all the company did was increase SPC and make observations on route in their personal vehicles to make sure I was working "safe"

Rack em

Made the Podium
I've been on the 9.5 list for the last 12 years... all the company did was increase SPC and make observations on route in their personal vehicles to make sure I was working "safe"
SPC doesn't mean jack, if you work over 9.5 hours file. If it becomes an ongoing issue then get the NLRB involved. The contract is there for a reason, so please read Article 37.

wayfair

swollen member
I know how it works, so do they....

they tried the " you didn't fold in your mirrors at that stop"

I replied, "it's an industrial complex, why would I do that?"

lol

If you're working over 9.5, yes get on the list and file every time they violate...

Brownslave688

That wasn't my question.....have you ever filed on pile on language? Take it to arbitration if need be.

Faceplanted

That's harassment. Especially if you can prove you are being singled out.

I have been there and done that. My center manager got his ass chewed right in front of me by the labor manager. I have not had an oberserbation or ojs in over a year since then

You guys need to stick to your guns if u wanna play the game. Don't fake the funk

There are other channels like osha (hostile work environment) as well as a formal eeoc complaint for the harassment/descrimination

Man up, deal with 6 months of hell, and when everything gets settled you can watch managment absolutely leave you alone and move on to somebody else.

Who care about spc, or spohr. Let them ride with you all they want. File harassment/retaliation/descrimination every time and hold them to the demonstrate spohr that's you do with them on the car. Remember to stay hydrated and if you need to use the bathroom, break trace and go piss. It's our legal right per dot. You also have the right to clean water per osha. you can pull over and wash out/refull your cooler/water jug through out the day.

I'm far from a slacker... but if I'm running .3-.8 over every day and 80% of the center is worse, yet I still get constant ojs rides and supervisors following me in their own vehicle while guys running 1.7 over who are not on the 9-5 list don't... its obvious retaliation/harassment based on being a 9-5 list driver.

Last edited: