9.5 is a joke

johnny_hotdog

All 3 resorting in a sit down with my BA the center manager and the driver.

This is mentioned in the contract. Look it up it states something along the lines of this: if you are on the 9.5 list and they are still giving you more work. You need to have a sit down meeting with your steward, BA, and center manager to discuss why this is still happening and what needs to be done to rectify the situation. OP this sit down meeting is your next step.

Faceplanted

This is mentioned in the contract. Look it up it states something along the lines of this: if you are on the 9.5 list and they are still giving you more work. You need to have a sit down meeting with your steward, BA, and center manager to discuss why this is still happening and what needs to be done to rectify the situation. OP this sit down meeting is your next step.
The sit down meeting is your local level hearing where they calculate how much they owe you and put in for your check.

35years

Gravy route
I've been on the 9.5 list for the last 12 years... all the company did was increase SPC and make observations on route in their personal vehicles to make sure I was working "safe"
But you have also received a bunch of penalty pay. If enough guys in your center start getting triple time they will cut the excessive OT for 9.5ers or the union can do the dispatching. Honestly it is hard to believe they are still paying out triple time grievances in any part of the country. They cut back the 9.5ers here since the penalty was increased years ago.

But you have also received a bunch of penalty pay. If enough guys in your center start getting triple time they will cut the excessive OT for 9.5ers or the union can do the dispatching. Honestly it is hard to believe they are still paying out triple time grievances in any part of the country. They cut back the 9.5ers here since the penalty was increased years ago.
It's still cheaper than hiring another driver

twoweeled

I have filed to be on the 9.5 list.

I am still working almost as much since I filed. My workweek barely has a dent in it. I have gone from 56-58 hours a week to 54-55.

My question is this: since I want less hours, what is next to force UPS to honor my request? I am filing for the penalty pay but they do not seem to care. Any great strategies out there?
I've been outta package for a long time, but I'm guessing it hasn't changed much (for the better). If you're filing and getting paid, then great. continue has others have said. If your beating it, then you may be making it easier for them. If you're filing, getting beat, getting paid on your grievances, then sometimes we reach the point where we can do no more. You know how some routes are in a certain spot that makes them extremely difficult to take a split off (THAT IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM). Sometimes everyone getting screwed and it can't be helped. Keep filing, keep getting paid and don't screw yourself by running, or working off the clock. The payroll is what it is. That's all you can do, as far as I can see.

35years

Gravy route
It got bad here years ago.
BA came in day after day and told everyone to get on the list and they will get paid the penalty. He told everyone that when they hear your grievance do not settle for promises (demand to be paid the penalty).

We had 75% of the blg on the list. Grievances were filed by everyone on the list.

He flopped 70 grievances on the labor managers desk and said "What are we going to do about this"?

He threatened that since no progress has been made he would have to ask at panel to have the Union in on dispatching decisions.

It worked, they absolutely did not want the Union making dispatch decisions. 12 more drivers were hired and worked daily. The drivers on the list are now working about 45 hrs a week for 3 years running.

Get everyone to file. It works..

Observer

It's sad that the SF building hasn't fared any better. Hope everyone is staying hydrated. We had some casualties last summer due to the heat.

Grey

It got bad here years ago.
BA came in day after day and told everyone to get on the list and they will get paid the penalty. He told everyone that when they hear your grievance do not settle for promises (demand to be paid the penalty).

We had 75% of the blg on the list. Grievances were filed by everyone on the list.

He flopped 70 grievances on the labor managers desk and said "What are we going to do about this"?

He threatened that since no progress has been made he would have to ask at panel to have the Union in on dispatching decisions.

It worked, they absolutely did not want the Union making dispatch decisions. 12 more drivers were hired and worked daily. The drivers on the list are now working about 45 hrs a week for 3 years running.

Get everyone to file. It works..

No it doesn't. The under 4-year guys who aren't on bids just get blasted to overcompensate.

Dr.Brownz

I am still working almost as much since I filed. My workweek barely has a dent in it. I have gone from 56-58 hours a week to 54-55.

My question is this: since I want less hours, what is next to force UPS to honor my request? I am filing for the penalty pay but they do not seem to care. Any great strategies out there?
Work slower runner. Focus on service; when service failures start happening things will change

ups1990

UPS Jedi mind-trick drivers into believing that coming in at 8pm is ok now. I'm amazed at the amount of drivers still out daily past 730-800 pm. It wasn't that long ago that if a driver was continually out past 8, he'd be in the center manager office getting chewed out. 8pm is the new 7pm. You will be out past 20:00 everyday..................................

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

How much bonus have you collected so far?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS Jedi mind-trick drivers into believing that coming in at 8pm is ok now. I'm amazed at the amount of drivers still out daily past 730-800 pm. It wasn't that long ago that if a driver was continually out past 8, he'd be in the center manager office getting chewed out. 8pm is the new 7pm. You will be out past 20:00 everyday..................................
What time you starting? We used to start 8:15, now it's 9:00. Start late, in late.

Appvol

On Wednesday I punched out at 12:19am worked 13.99. Worked 11.42 on Monday and 11.08 today.Thats a 7.99 hr bonus for this week. Plus on going to file on Article 18 because they put my safety and the public at risk on Wednesday working me till after midnight.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
On Wednesday I punched out at 12:19am worked 13.99. Worked 11.42 on Monday and 11.08 today.Thats a 7.99 hr bonus for this week. Plus on going to file on Article 18 because they put my safety and the public at risk on Wednesday working me till after midnight.

Rock on with yo badself!!

Hellobrown2000

They will only care when enough drivers get on the list and they have to start paying big money every month.