9.5 Not Good Enough!

I can agree with that, I've just never had anyone give me a good understanding of why I can't enjoy a life outside of the brown truck.
So I go to the idea that they don't want me to stick around & earn a pension
I believe that's a new philosophy of the company.
Back in the day I think they wanted experienced drivers they could work safely and get the job done.
Now I believe and want a high turnover rate so that you never really make that top rate and don't stick long enough to get lifetime healthcare or pension

Just my opinion

FromOffTheStreets

Yeah I don't think many people left before my time, (7 years) now just in the last few years we've lost a couple 19 year guys, couple 12's & maybe 7 under 5 years.

The job has changed a lot in my short time here. Haven't even talked about the rising pkg weights

pkgdriver

I can agree with that, I've just never had anyone give me a good understanding of why I can't enjoy a life outside of the brown truck.
So UPS pays Central States 200.00 a month in pension contributions for you. A year later you quit. They have put in 2,400. UPS has no interest if you quit or make it to retirement age I believe. Your plan may vary and I may be wrong.

FromOffTheStreets

Is it $200/mo.? Idk

If it is, they have put in $72,000 over 30 years for you. Central states pays you $3000/mo.(not sure if this is accurate) In just 10 years they have paid you $360,000.

Who pays the difference of $288,000?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Is it $200/mo.? Idk

If it is, they have put in $72,000 over 30 years for you. Central states pays you $3000/mo.(not sure if this is accurate) In just 10 years they have paid you $360,000.

Who pays the difference of $288,000?

I highly doubt it is only $200/month, even in central states. He had to be just picking a random number. But to answer the question, the pension trust invests that money, so, even 72k over 30 years will grow, and you don't get it all at once, so it keeps growing over the years you are drawing, just more slowly the more payments you receive.

pkgdriver

I highly doubt it is only $200/month, even in central states. He had to be just picking a random number. But to answer the question, the pension trust invests that money, so, even 72k over 30 years will grow, and you don't get it all at once, so it keeps growing over the years you are drawing, just more slowly the more payments you receive.

Yep just picked a random number. You explained it pretty well. Have heard the “they are trying to fire me so they dont have to pay my pension” many times through the years.

Whither

Scofflaw
You should see some of the car pool cars that driver's by. Beat up Civics on their last leg. 4 driver's go in on it together.
I drive a not-so-beat-up 5 speed Civic coupe, bought prior to becoming a Teamster, but it's 15 years old haha. I wonder how people carpool when god knows what dispatch you're gonna get.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You should see some of the car pool cars that driver's by. Beat up Civics on their last leg. 4 driver's go in on it together.
I deliver :censored2:ty narrow apartment streets like toonertoo or van keiser on these forums. The only cars you see here are ones that don't stick out, won't get stolen, and can be easily replaced. I'm going to have to cut even more of these streets out and walk them off, it's like Murphy's law of accidents here, anything that can get hit, has already been hit. And I am going to assume i've only made it this far through sheer luck, but even the paranoia associated with however many hundreds of cars I am driving by is reason to cut it down and walk stops off.

Once you start to see the Teslas show up, you're home free and out of the bad sections.

Last edited by a moderator:

WannaBeFeeder

And this is why alot of companies dont pay their employees sufficiently ..... they need you to work more. The better they pay you the less you'll want/need to work