9.5 Not Good Enough!

542thruNthru

Yes sir. I gave up saying it to representatives over the years. They avoid eye contact or misdirection when I say it. That’s why I just keep it pushing. Fix is in.
So here we are paid all hours worked up to 2080.

So you can hit your full pension contribution in something like 34 weeks if you worked every hour you could.

I agree that I'd like to see it as all hours worked in a year not just 2080.

Over70irregs

So here we are paid all hours worked up to 2080.

So you can hit your full pension contribution in something like 34 weeks if you worked every hour you could.

I agree that I'd like to see it as all hours worked in a year not just 2080.
They know that 2080 number well. Their actuaries and computers have it down to a science. Note: you hit pension wall before or during beginning of peak…..

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ya, corporate decision makers are not the tech development team. Two different sets of people. And I believe the end goal is to perfect Orion. It's taking years to dial it in though.

They don't understand the problems with Orion. They just keep adding layers to it without fixing the underlying problems. The main issue, being the need to constantly adjust parameters based on changing conditions, will likely never be fixed and may actually be a fatal flaw of the system.

The only things these people are competent at is making it look like they are doing something, and convincing their bosses that their lack of accomplishment is an indication of the difficulty of the job, not their inability to perform it. Oh, and echoing mission statements regarding inclusiveness, diversity and equity. That's it. They can say such unbelievably utter nonsense with a straight face and without vomiting all over themselves. Congratulations.

ThePackageDeli

They don't understand the problems with Orion. They just keep adding layers to it without fixing the underlying problems. The main issue, being the need to constantly adjust parameters based on changing conditions, will likely never be fixed and may actually be a fatal flaw of the system.

The only things these people are competent at is making it look like they are doing something, and convincing their bosses that their lack of accomplishment is an indication of the difficulty of the job, not their inability to perform it. Oh, and echoing mission statements regarding inclusiveness, diversity and equity. That's it. They can say such unbelievably utter nonsense with a straight face and without vomiting all over themselves. Congratulations.
I think it's more that they're not concerned with our issues in the way we want them to be. Not an issue of competence.

Dewdewbrown

We should be working to live, not living to work.

40-hour work weeks please!

Who on earth wants to punch out at 8pm every night? It's gay.

8.5, NOT 9.5!

Who came up with 9.5 anyway? Seems like a union failure. Optional O.T. makes logical sense. We're not slaves! ..Unless we are!
Slaves work for free. Period.

Dewdewbrown

We should be working to live, not living to work.

40-hour work weeks please!

Who on earth wants to punch out at 8pm every night? It's gay.

8.5, NOT 9.5!

Who came up with 9.5 anyway? Seems like a union failure. Optional O.T. makes logical sense. We're not slaves! ..Unless we are!
Slaves work for free. Period!

DSM515

I'm not attacking you personally on this, but addressing everyone who thinks this way. I think it's naive to actually believe that incompetence is the reason for any decision made at the corporate level of a fortune 500 company. You don't get to a position of decision making by being incompetent or by being an idiot. The hierarchy is overwhelming based on competence. The real issue is simply that you and me don't have the same goals that corporate has. And why would we? We wouldn't. So then it comes down to a battle of wills between corporate and the working folks. It's not an issue of competence in my view.
I agree, never said they are stupid. It’s the last 10-12 years that start times have been getting out of control. It was 8 AM for decades, fact. Its a corporate Management by stress. Start them latter and they’ll work harder to get done faster to get home at a decent time, Fact. They could fix it if Carol wanted too, Fact. Moral would go up 100 percent, Fact.

JL 0513

I agree, never said they are stupid. It’s the last 10-12 years that start times have been getting out of control. It was 8 AM for decades, fact. Its a corporate Management by stress. Start them latter and they’ll work harder to get done faster to get home at a decent time, Fact. They could fix it if Carol wanted too, Fact. Moral would go up 100 percent, Fact.
I'm guessing one of the driving forces to late start times/leave building times is the age of last minute, internet order fulfillment promising 1-2 day delivery. Particularly driven by Amazon who pushes last minute loads. In my center, Amazon trailers show up daily in the middle of preload, or towards the end of their shift.

Remember the days when you ordered something from a catalog, the delivery promise was infamously "6-8 weeks". 😄

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think it's more that they're not concerned with our issues in the way we want them to be. Not an issue of competence.

I get that our goals and management's goals don't usually line up. In the case of dispatching, our goals should be identical, delivery orders that make sense, and help us get the job done as quick as possible without forcing us to figure it out stop by stop. They can't figure it out, and refuse to admit it.

Over70irregs

They know yall keep running and cheating so start times will continue to be cut. Self reflect….

Over70irregs

I'm guessing one of the driving forces to late start times/leave building times is the age of last minute, internet order fulfillment promising 1-2 day delivery. Particularly driven by Amazon who pushes last minute loads. In my center, Amazon trailers show up daily in the middle of preload, or towards the end of their shift.

Remember the days when you ordered something from a catalog, the delivery promise was infamously "6-8 weeks". 😄
Postage stamps. Call in order from catalog.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1652882653859.png