9.5 Peak?

SBTY_Syndrome

Center Managers Hate Me
My center is getting out by 9am, preload is gone by 8:45, and everyone was back tonight by 7. Most bid drivers had LESS than a regular day off peak.

Don’t know what’s going on but I’m wondering how everyone else is doing.

WorknLateHuh

small center here. 8 to 8 1/2 hours a day. Never seen this before. it's bizarre.

Saturdays are volunteer here. Next few weeks will probably change

9.5er

Clocked out about 15 minutes shy of 8 even after going to help out another driver. Worked a little over 9 once this week. All other days were right around 8. I could get used to this.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Not sure how it’s being dispatched everywhere else but here we’ve got more routes than ever before. Main routes are relegated to about 1/3 of normal delivery area if not less. Tons of stops and pieces but with only 1/4 of your route you’re only looking at about 200-225 stops where as peaks in the past had you at 350-400. Most guys where 8 hour only cause if guarantee. Insane!!

barnyard

KTM rider
We struggled last week. This week has gone way better. 53 hours last week, 46 this week. Later start time next week, if we get a lot of NDA, we will really struggle. Feeder guys in my building are all dong 70.

JL 0513

Never thought I'd see a peak where I was looking for more hours, but here we are. I had two 8 hour days this week. 43 hours for the M-friend although we're working Saturday to stay ahead of it.

Same week last year I worked just shy of 60 hours.

mrbrownstone

Last week sucked in my hub for some drivers including myself, but this week is great 3 days under 9.5. Today was just a little over 8. I can't believe I am working peak and seeing my family. It's great. I think many in my center are quite happy. Saturdays are optional for us too and since they are not destroying us Mon-Friday the volunteer list is way up.

Indecisi0n

Never thought I'd see a peak where I was looking for more hours, but here we are. I had two 8 hour days this week. 43 hours for the M-friend although we're working Saturday to stay ahead of it.

Same week last year I worked just shy of 60 hours.
22.4' will make it worse. We will be lucky to get 40. I see it.

barnyard

KTM rider
Feeder guys in my building say that when they get to the hub at 10-10:30, there is a line at the gas pump of package cars waiting to fill up. If those guys are rolling in that late, it helps to explain why our feeder guys are missing their pull times by an hour.

midwestmess

We are screwed, almost everyone ran out of hours. Had to be off the clock by 6 in order to be under 60 hrs.. The 70 hr. rule has not been approved and I hope it doesn't.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This has been the easiest Peak I can remember. Our Preload is down an hour before we usually start. After last year's debacle where my Hub went under, we are overstaffed like crazy. I usually have my last stop off with a little daylight left. I'm averaging maybe an hour of overtime a day, and that's because I have to bail out an incompetent golf cart helper everyday. She delivered 30 stops in six hours today, she should be doing about 70 stops. My PVD driver usually takes 40 stops a day off of me. I start all three helpers at the same time at my golf car pod.

barnyard

KTM rider
But I need a second boat.

We need to replace our cars. Right now, we have no car payments and are waiting to buy till we can put at least 50% down. My bosses are not sharp enough to keep me at 40. Today was a beautiful dispatch, that Orion ruined. Went into the office and complained, he hit a couple of keys and said, "How does that look?" To which I replied, "If it is anything other than numerical order, it is wrong and if you cannot figure out what numerical order is, than there are bigger problems here."

It is the exact same complaint that I have had for the last year. They want me to scratch, but won't give me the Orion plan that allows a scratch day.

It all just makes me that much more bitter that I will never be able to bid a FT feeder job.

Siveriano

i have only been 4 peaks with UPS this being the 4th, and i gotta be honest i love it. my helper is very good. 200ish stops by 1730 then pickups and in by 1820.

Indecisi0n

We need to replace our cars. Right now, we have no car payments and are waiting to buy till we can put at least 50% down. My bosses are not sharp enough to keep me at 40. Today was a beautiful dispatch, that Orion ruined. Went into the office and complained, he hit a couple of keys and said, "How does that look?" To which I replied, "If it is anything other than numerical order, it is wrong and if you cannot figure out what numerical order is, than there are bigger problems here."

It is the exact same complaint that I have had for the last year. They want me to scratch, but won't give me the Orion plan that allows a scratch day.

It all just makes me that much more bitter that I will never be able to bid a FT feeder job.
Why can't you bid feeder?

barnyard

KTM rider
Why can't you bid feeder?

Have to wait for 2 guys to retire. 1 guy will retire 15 months from now, the others are all my age, they will retire about the same time I do. In 15 months, I'll be the top guy on the cover board, until a feeder school bid goes up.