A Repeat of 1997

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
UPS wanted longer contracts for stability and to help out long term plans. It wasn't the union's idea.

The company wasn't stupid.

They dragged out so many contract issues through the grievance procedure.... for years.

Now.... they have realized how much money has been spent on co-paying for panels.

Salaries, food, travel expenses, add up.... for both sides.

oldngray

nowhere special
The company wasn't stupid.

They dragged out so many contract issues through the grievance procedure.... for years.

Now.... they have realized how much money has been spent on co-paying for panels.

Salaries, food, travel expenses, add up.... for both sides.
The problem was that UPS wouldn't start seriously negotiating until the last minute and kept wanting contract extensions.

Inflation was about a dollar combined over the two years. 2019 and 2020. My raises have equaled about $1.02 over inflation since January 2018.
Inflation since 2018 is about 4.2%, my raises have amounted to over 6%. Since 2013 there is has been about 12.3% and my wage increases have been over 16%.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

BeachBoy

I vote, and I vote pro-union.
But, I'm a part timer who has averaged 2300 hours a year, for years, with part time pay, and part time pension.
When are you guys going to stand up for me?

I have, but it's about 10 years seniority in my hub to get an in-house, FT position.
I AM a teamster, and I help you get your job done.
A full day's work, a full day's wages.
And a pension that recognizes that.
if you're working at many hours all the time they need to make it a full-time job
That's something needs to be addressed in your local supplement