Abortion

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not up to speed on the latest diagnostic equipment. Are they able to determine that now? If I understand you, aborting children for any issue is the way to go. My mother worked at an institution in North Carolina that cared for mentally retarded adults, often with other deformities. Treated with kindness and dignity there.

How would you describe their quality of life? Were they allowed to leave the facility on their own or only on supervised field trips?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
How would you describe their quality of life? Were they allowed to leave the facility on their own or only on supervised field trips?
I think you would have to look at it as they wouldn't know any other way; they'd perceive it more with a clueless innocence similar to how a young child would. I for example, being free and independent my whole life would rather be put down like an old horse should the time come that I was too senile to wipe my own ass. But they on the other hand, are likely not even capable of imagining such independence. Anyone I've ever come into contact with like that seemed happy and carefree as can be.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe you all should watch "Born This Way" to see these down syndrome children as adults.......learning independent living. The parents are heroes too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
C_-JVQwU0AAHgnD.jpg

10 Pt

Aborted fetuses are rarely if ever laid to rest in a cemetery.
But yet, you can go to Federal Prison for being in possession of an eagle's egg, owl or hawk talons,or feathers from a protected bird of prey.
The egg is not an eagle but yet it is legally understood that what is inside the egg is an eaglet therefore protected under federal law.
People have lost their minds.

"Fetus".

How convenient.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
But yet, you can go to Federal Prison for being in possession of an eagle's egg, owl or hawk talons,or feathers from a protected bird of prey.
The egg is not an eagle but yet it is legally understood that what is inside the egg is an eaglet therefore protected under federal law.
People have lost their minds.

"Fetus".

How convenient.
I agree, we should be able to eat all birds and their eggs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Cheap words until your last breath. You'll remember this then.
At that point it'll be too late.

I am in no way condoning abortion beyond the second trimester (except for fetal distress) or as simply yet another birth control choice; however, i am a strong advocate for giving the right to make that choice for herself and, if married, for both to make that choice for themselves.