4% Would interfere with education or career
7% Not mature enough to raise a child
8% Don't want to be a single mother
19% Done having children
23% Can't afford a baby
25% Not ready for a child
6% Other
ABORTION AND PUBLIC FUNDS
  • The U.S. Congress has barred the use of federal Medicaid funds to pay for abortions, except when the woman's life would be endangered by a full-term pregnancy or in cases of rape or incest (AGI).
  • 17 states (AK, AZ, CA, CT, HI, IL, MA, MD, MN, MT, NJ, NM, NY, OR, VT, WA and WV) use public funds to pay for abortions for some poor women. About 14% of all abortions in the United States are paid for with public funds—virtually all from the state (AGI).
  • In 2014, 88,466 abortions in California were paid for with public funds. Public funds paid for 45,722 abortions in New York (AGI).

newfie

Guttmacher Survey Results:
chose it.
Percentage Reason
<0.5% Victim of rape
3% Fetal health problems
4% Physical health problems
4% Would interfere with education or career
7% Not mature enough to raise a child
8% Don't want to be a single mother
19% Done having children
23% Can't afford a baby
25% Not ready for a child
6% Other
ABORTION AND PUBLIC FUNDS
  • The U.S. Congress has barred the use of federal Medicaid funds to pay for abortions, except when the woman's life would be endangered by a full-term pregnancy or in cases of rape or incest (AGI).
  • 17 states (AK, AZ, CA, CT, HI, IL, MA, MD, MN, MT, NJ, NM, NY, OR, VT, WA and WV) use public funds to pay for abortions for some poor women. About 14% of all abortions in the United States are paid for with public funds—virtually all from the state (AGI).
  • In 2014, 88,466 abortions in California were paid for with public funds. Public funds paid for 45,722 abortions in New York (AGI).

I don't see incest pregnancies on the list

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I don't see incest pregnancies on the list
Results from Florida: answers your question. I am pretty sure it is the same across the country. The 92% is disturbing.
The state of Florida records a reason for every abortion that occurs within its borders each year. In 2015, there were 71,740 abortions in Florida. This table lists each reason and the percentage of abortions that occurred because of it.
Percentage Reason
.001% The pregnancy resulted from an incestuous relationship
.065% The woman's life was endangered by the pregnancy
.085% The woman was raped
.288% The woman's physical health was threatened by the pregnancy
.294% The woman's psychological health was threatened by the pregnancy
.666% There was a serious fetal abnormality
6.268% The woman aborted for social or economic reasons
92.330% No reason (elective)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
this-is-a-16-week-old-baby-in-the-womb-1666562.png

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You don't have an issue with people aborting babies just because it's not the gender they want?
That's one aspect of hundreds.
I see this as a means to end some degree of suffering experienced by humans and a means to forward the human race.
I see it as another technology that can be used for much good and as you fear, abused.

Last edited:

10 Pt

That's one aspect of hundreds.
I see this as a means to end some degree of suffering experienced by humans and a means to forward the human race.
I see it as another technology that can be used and abused.
I see several million humans suffering. Dissected, burned and flushed.