ADA - package car driving

UnderPaidSucka

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before or has some tips on what to do?

Two shoulder surgeries in two years relating to a non-work inury. I am currently on LTD.
Doctor told me I am ok to return to work, the only limitation I have it that Im unable to drive for an extended period of time. I have done hardening training to get myself to where I am and I am 100% sure I can do a part time postion. Loading and unloading. I did it for 7 years before I went to driving. I just cant drive all day, there is an impediment when my arm is fully extended for a long period of time which makes it loose feeling and sore.
My BM told me that he sees no issue with me coming back to part time as long as I got the note from my doctor. As soon as I did the labor department got involved and quashed the process. Told me the only was I can do this is file the ada paperwork through HR and wait to be placed. Im assuming even though there is always a need for part timers they will drag their feet and tell me no.
Is this another session of "smoke being blown up my arse"
any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Two shoulder surgeries in two years relating to a non-work inury. I am currently on LTD.
Doctor told me I am ok to return to work, the only limitation I have it that Im unable to drive for an extended period of time. I have done hardening training to get myself to where I am and I am 100% sure I can do a part time postion. Loading and unloading. I did it for 7 years before I went to driving. I just cant drive all day, there is an impediment when my arm is fully extended for a long period of time which makes it loose feeling and sore.
My BM told me that he sees no issue with me coming back to part time as long as I got the note from my doctor. As soon as I did the labor department got involved and quashed the process. Told me the only was I can do this is file the ada paperwork through HR and wait to be placed. Im assuming even though there is always a need for part timers they will drag their feet and tell me no.

Article 14 section 3 of the master is your best bet in a situation like this. Expect them to fight you on it though. Good luck

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Not trying to be a hard ass but why do you think the Company should make accommodations for your non work related injuries?
The government says they can't discriminate against him if he has a disability, but is able to perform other jobs within the company. Whether it happened on the job or at home

Indecisi0n

Don't you want full time work? What about a 22.3 combo job
That's a bid position. They just can give him a seniority based position.

They are always in a need for part timers but the company will still fight you on it because they are a bunch of :censored2:s.

File the paperwork and hope for the best. If money isn't too much of a concern I would hire a lawyer. UPS doesn't take people serious until they lawyer up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's a bid position. They just can give him a seniority based position.

We had a FT driver who had a bad habit of hitting things. 3 Tier 3's in a year. She had 25+ years in at the time so neither the Company or Union wanted to terminate her. They worked together to create a 22.3 just for her that no one else can bid on and which will be abolished upon her separation.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
We had a FT driver who had a bad habit of hitting things. 3 Tier 3's in a year. She had 25+ years in at the time so neither the Company or Union wanted to terminate her. They worked together to create a 22.3 just for her that no one else can bid on and which will be abolished upon her separation.
I know of a couple of jobs like that , I was always amazed how they just pop up out of thin air .

brett636

I too am wondering that since you are full time why aren't they accommodating you with a full time position? If you get this part-time position you are speaking of I am assuming you keep your full time status so your pension credits don't get screwed up? Here recently we had a driver who could no longer drive due to a medical condition, but could do other things. He was off for the better part of a year, partly to get better, but also to get the company to accommodate his disability. Just recently they finally moved him into a combo position and he will work the next couple of years inside to finish out his pension credits and retire.

Future

Victory Ride

Punt!

Busta Brown

I start ft package car tomorrow and I have vacations scheduled in June and September and was wondering do I still take the vacations I picked as a part timer or are they going to pay me out for them and if they do is it going to be my pt or ft pay rate

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I start ft package car tomorrow and I have vacations scheduled in June and September and was wondering do I still take the vacations I picked as a part timer or are they going to pay me out for them and if they do is it going to be my pt or ft pay rate

They will pay you off and it is your PT hours and rate.

You need to work at least 1 year FT before being eligible for vacations.