after 18 years of service i was terminated today

klein

Für Meno :)
I got fired for basically not taking my lunch break either, all for the good of getting everything delivered.

Like you, I didn't stick around in my building afterwards, and instead had a cold beer during my after hrs time.

Oh well, no big deal - hope they found another slave to work without breaks !

I got fired for basically not taking my lunch break either, all for the good of getting everything delivered.

Like you, I didn't stick around in my building afterwards, and instead had a cold beer during my after hrs time.

Oh well, no big deal - hope they found another slave to work without breaks !

No, you were fired for drinking on the clock. Someday you'll get that through your head. And no, you're not some hero for leaving the company.

why for termiation for working 12.20 and refusing to set in the building for another 45min to show a break. I have always work my tailin off for this company,and they treat me like this. My question is should i fight to keep my job, or just leave and say so long?
We all get fired one time or another some of us more than once. Put your big boy pants on this to will pass. It's really a right of passage. Nobody should ever comment on you getting fired unless they have been in your shoes. Ps you are not really terminated you are just suspended. ITS GONNA BE OK

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would get my job back. In the meantime I would look for another. Once you get it back, wear your bestest undies, and instead of shaking hands when they welcome you back, tell them to kiss it.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I got fired for drinking while on my lunch break, all for the good of getting everything delivered.

Like you, I didn't stick around in my building afterwards, and instead had a cold beer during my after hrs time, although I had not yet punched out, or Nobody would have cared

Oh well, no big deal - I'm sure they had no problem promoting someone to PC driver who was glad to have a good/high paying job!

There, fixed it for you

rocket man

no, you were fired for drinking on the clock. Someday you'll get that through your head. And no, you're not some hero for leaving the company.
hey? When did they change the RULES about drinking on the clock>? I DRINK ICETEA SODA WATER. OOH YOU MEAN BEER AND CANADIAN BEER AT THAT.

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
Go down and file for unemployment. That will get UPS's attention who will contact your BA. Then your Business Agent will call you saying WTF are you doing? It will also get the ball rolling on your reinstatement. ( we had a guy do something like this)But I'm Just kidding don't do that. Seriously 18 years in and you'd just walk away over that? Do you have another job opportunity that pays as well or that you can survive on and be happier? If not then I would say get your job back and stick it out till you put yourself in position to walk away and be financially ready for it.

nicky

Never take it, not only for you but you set a precedent by accepting the termination. First thing you need to do is stop cutting corners, you are afforded time to take your lunch. If not take it anyway and send a message that you will need help. People need to understand that being over dispatched is no reason to skip lunch. Its not even your problem, its UPS's problem so let someone with a higher pay grade worry about it. Do your job, take your lunch, and learn your rights

srvhero

"leastbest"
Wow,...an 18 yr veteran skipping lunch. We wonder why more full time drivers are not being hired, its because of mistakes such as this. Guys, we MUST follow the methods and the contract. It is best for all. Veteran drivers should not be setting examples like this. When you do your best and fall behind ALWAYS call your sup and let them know. Let management make the decisions, and DO NOT let yourself be intimidated into skipping lunch. No, don't get your job back if YOU don't want it. YES if you do, it is simple as that.

brownIEman

NO NO NO. I need more info on the op. They are so poorly written you have to guess about parts of it.......That said...........I WILL NOT WORK AS DIRECTED WHEN IT IS UNSAFE OR ILLEGAL.

brownIEman says you will!

BrownIEman drinks the cool aide and spends his time trying to figure out how to screw the workers.

Cach is right.

ok. My understanding is he was directed to take a break at the building, he refused and went home instead.
I guess I am simple, but someone please explain to me how taking a break is unsafe or illegal?

ok. My understanding is he was directed to take a break at the building, he refused and went home instead.
I guess I am simple, but someone please explain to me how taking a break is unsafe or illegal?

WTR is explaining how there are situations in which a worker may refuse to work as directed. Situations where it is unsafe, illegal, or immoral. It was in reply to your general use of the "work as directed".