Age you started and years it took to get friend/t

ol'browneye

Re: Age you started and years it tooked to get friend/t

started preloading at 19 and went full time pkg car 2 yrs and 3 months later at 21:happy2:

rod

Retired 22 years
22 years old. started part time (clerk/carwash/load trailer/porter) - went full time driving 3 1/2 months later

moreluck

golden ticket member
olebrowneye......just click on UPS Discussions and just above where you see "Threads in Forum", there is a rectangular box that reads "new thread". Just click on that.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Preload = 18
Driving = 21
FT = 25

If I would have been smarter I would have taken a FT combo bid or something just to get FT but I was too greedy and worried I would get stuck in one of those positions. Most of the people I know that did that would only get stuck like that for a couple months. I could be quite a bit higher if I would have done that but oh well, such is life.

8Years2Go

Hired off the street to drive peak of '83, gained full time seniority in early April '84. Starting pay was 75% of top pay, with a 5% raise every month. Five months into my career at UPS I was at top pay. Not bad!

25yrvet

19 yo p/t for 2 1/2 years. Started driving when I was 21

As the saying goes, "Leave yourself an out".---Go to school, start a business, learn a trade, get an additional job, etc, while you're p/t.
Going friend/t isn't always the answer!