Air Drivers After Saturday Ground

DOK

Just curious what the word is for other Central States EAM/ Air Drivers once Saturday Ground goes live. Sounds like Saturdays will be like any other weekday for EAM Drivers, but the number of needed EAM drivers will be few (typical), leaving a lot of us with out work on Saturdays because FT doing the NDA. Monday will be the next competing day for work with the typical low volume of EAMs. Once I'm on for the day, there is normally NDA work after EAMs, which is good part time work hours. But if we start competing for EAM work, a good number of us may not be able to get on the clock Saturdays or Mondays. I would love to hear what other Air Drivers are expecting with Saturday Ground. Thanks!
We don't use designated EAM drivers here, a couple of full time drivers start an hours early to deliver them. I wonder why it's different everywhere?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Saturday will turn your building upside down.....we heard all the same predictions as far as staff and volume. Since Saturday went live we've all worked 60 hour weeks.....they are begging guys to come in on Saturday on a voluntary basis. They tried claiming they could force M-friend guys but were quickly silenced by the contract. My building has 3 centers and UPSwas also forced to implement a forced T-S schedule based on building seniority not individual center seniority. Once that happened we were even worse off due to drivers covering routes in centers they've never worked in. Bottom line is that once it starts you'll have no problem getting hours. We've even ran helpers some days which costs the company a top rate hourly rate. Before you 9.5 guys chirp in......we're all on the 9.5 list. They just pay out the grievance......another example of our inept union.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Saturday will turn your building upside down.....we heard all the same predictions as far as staff and volume. Since Saturday went live we've all worked 60 hour weeks.....they are begging guys to come in on Saturday on a voluntary basis. They tried claiming they could force M-friend guys but were quickly silenced by the contract. My building has 3 centers and UPSwas also forced to implement a forced T-S schedule based on building seniority not individual center seniority. Once that happened we were even worse off due to drivers covering routes in centers they've never worked in. Bottom line is that once it starts you'll have no problem getting hours. We've even ran helpers some days which costs the company a top rate hourly rate. Before you 9.5 guys chirp in......we're all on the 9.5 list. They just pay out the grievance......another example of our inept union.
287!

Ghost in the Darkness

EAMs aren't going away.

They might as well here. They can barely get the air here in time to get 1030 commits off. Monday maybe the only day that nobody has late air. The rest of the week there are plenty of lates. Forget about EAMs because they are late by the time they get unloaded. UPS is an embarassment when it comes to NDA logistics. It maybe time for UPS to do something they suck a little less at.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We don't use designated EAM drivers here, a couple of full time drivers start an hours early to deliver them. I wonder why it's different everywhere?
All depends on your location to the hub. An extended center may get their stuff by small feeder aircraft, the only way EAMs would ever make service is by using air drivers.

If a PT Air Driver got bumped i to the bldg, I couldnt find in the contract about working 7 days for your driver pay, then inside rate until you drive again. Same rules dont apply to PT like they do FT??

Rack em

Made the Podium
All depends on your location to the hub. An extended center may get their stuff by small feeder aircraft, the only way EAMs would ever make service is by using air drivers.
We get our air flown in by small feeder aircraft and the normal land time is around 9:30. Then it takes an hour to get it to the center, unload, scan, and load it in the cars. Then shuttle drivers bring it out to us. Needless to say, we have a ton of late air Tues-Fri and the only EAMs that get delivered on time are the ones in extended areas with commit times of 14:00.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We get our air flown in by small feeder aircraft and the normal land time is around 9:30. Then it takes an hour to get it to the center, unload, scan, and load it in the cars. Then shuttle drivers bring it out to us. Needless to say, we have a ton of late air Tues-Fri and the only EAMs that get delivered on time are the ones in extended areas with commit times of 14:00.
Don't worry, Louisville is pulling back the PM departure times 10 minutes next week, so that will for sure make up for that hour late everyday.

dofRBEl.gif