Air Drivers After Saturday Ground

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Don't worry, Louisville is pulling back the PM departure times 10 minutes next week, so that will for sure make up for that hour late everyday.

dofRBEl.gif
Not our problem.

Hellobrown2000

If they're at top rate they either make top rate for whatever job classification they work in or what the highest paid part timer is making, whichever is higher.
Where I'm at the 8 to 12 ft drivers that haven't driven for over 5 months all make the rate they were driving at.

PT Air drivers work under Art 40. Art 40 supersedes all other Art.
Art 40.Sec1.9.b.2 When my center notified the union that 6 positions were created, the union didn't believe these positions were improper, given the fact they were posted? If I contacted my local, would someone talk to me about it?

opie

I am thinking there will still be a need for some Saturday Air drivers delivering small towns and rural routes. Depending on how heavy they load up the ground drivers we may also run business also. Two weeks ago my building had a bid sheet up for 8 Tuesday through Saturday EAM and Saturday Air drivers. We start Saturday Ground early September.
Are these new air jobs? Or they are rebidding the air routes? We start Saturday Ground in October. Figure most Saturday Air drivers will be sleeping in on Saturdays. With a few air drivers need to help with Saturday EAMs and airs. Monday EAMs will likely be very light, and it already is the light day of the week typically. Now with the work being advanced those Monday EAMs and airs would be delivered on Saturdays I am guessing. So it looks like EAM drivers could switch to a Tuesday to Saturday schedule.

PT Car Washer

Are these new air jobs? Or they are rebidding the air routes? We start Saturday Ground in October. Figure most Saturday Air drivers will be sleeping in on Saturdays. With a few air drivers need to help with Saturday EAMs and airs. Monday EAMs will likely be very light, and it already is the light day of the week typically. Now with the work being advanced those Monday EAMs and airs would be delivered on Saturdays I am guessing. So it looks like EAM drivers could switch to a Tuesday to Saturday schedule.
We start Saturday Ground next weekend and have not been ale to pin down how many Air drivers will be needed. The plan keeps changing daily.