Air Drivers After Saturday Ground

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sound good?
Just curious what the word is for other Central States EAM/ Air Drivers once Saturday Ground goes live. Sounds like Saturdays will be like any other weekday for EAM Drivers, but the number of needed EAM drivers will be few (typical), leaving a lot of us with out work on Saturdays because FT doing the NDA. Monday will be the next competing day for work with the typical low volume of EAMs. Once I'm on for the day, there is normally NDA work after EAMs, which is good part time work hours. But if we start competing for EAM work, a good number of us may not be able to get on the clock Saturdays or Mondays. I would love to hear what other Air Drivers are expecting with Saturday Ground. Thanks!
We have only full time 22.3 air drivers and about 4 part time air exception drivers after the Saturday change of operation. The part timers only work during the week for exceptions.

Don't worry, Louisville is pulling back the PM departure times 10 minutes next week, so that will for sure make up for that hour late everyday.

dofRBEl.gif
Doesn't matter his air gets goes through Denver then put on a bush jumper plane.

luckster

Mix information. Some say Pt air drivers not much needed but I hear some say they'll have more hours. I'm just waiting for my one year anniversary in order to bid for FT driver position. Just curious about my hours now that I'm still a PT air driver working ties -Saturday shift. Will I get less hours?

luckster

UPS has too much freakin BS rules !!! Y the hell they make PT air drivers wait for a FT position one year and they hire from the street FT driver position of the bat? This rule doesn't make sense.

Saturday ground delivery to start next Saturday. Still no word of what will happen to PT air driver. Anyone knows?
So today we started ground. All our PT air drivers worked, but no extra help needed on monday. Im tues-sat, and have worked mo days as often as i wanted. I had a runner route(not all areas are running ground), but other PT air drivers took air off FT routes that were to heavy. Same as during the week.

Brisket

So today we started ground. All our PT air drivers worked, but no extra help needed on monday. Im tues-sat, and have worked mo days as often as i wanted. I had a runner route(not all areas are running ground), but other PT air drivers took air off FT routes that were to heavy. Same as during the week.

From what I have heard, you can probably count on still working Monday's until the kinks are worked out.

opie

I heard they plan to only use 2 air drivers per center (3 centers) in my building. Compared to the 20+ that work on a Saturday now.

llamainmypocket

Saturday air driver's are needed for areas that aren't receiving ground. My building has 4 cities not receiving ground and has kept about half of those driver's. Around the end of summer next year they plan to include those cities.

Monday is the most likely day to run ground as an exception package driver due to the skeleton crew they run the operation with. Eventually, they will allow some tue-sat driver's back on a mon-fri route.

The only real reason for driving during the week is the inevitable driver shortage that comes with running another day. It will be worse during peak.

Air exception drivers are part time where 22.3 are full-time.
True except 22.3 work two PT jobs with Next Day Air, either delivery or pick ups are included. They have an 8 hour guarantee per day and 40 hours per week. Exception Air drivers work their PT job and only pick up or deliver when needed. Exception Air drivers have no guarantee of the number of hours a day or week they work.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sound good?
True except 22.3 work two PT jobs with Next Day Air, either delivery or pick ups are included. They have an 8 hour guarantee per day and 40 hours per week. Exception Air drivers work their PT job and only pick up or deliver when needed. Exception Air drivers have no guarantee of the number of hours a day or week they work.
Some 22.3 full timers work inside-inside and don't drive all together.

luckster

PT air driver that has a daily start time and either delivers air packages or does letter box pick ups in the evening. They have a 3 hour guarantee.
Thanks for the info. I have another question. I make my one year as a pt air driver on Jan 21. My Hub is hiring a lot of drivers and from what I remember after peak they retain some casual to a FT position. There's a short list (less than5) who are in in the bid for FT driver position. Will ups still offer FT position to casual after peak if they know there is a list of drivers who want to get FT position? Or will they pick from the list since all 5 of us will make our 1 year by 1-21? Also if pt preloader who has seniority than me, will they get offer first even though they only drive on saturdays?