Air savers

browned out

At this point in time: What is the reason for no commit time on NDA Business Savers? Early on in the COVID period; no commit times on business NDA parcels was sketchy at best. Now UPS has more drivers in every area and loop. Saver service time could easily be provided. UPS,ORION & EDD should easily be able to notify drivers with the packages that are BUSINESS NDA Savers. 5PM (at the latest) would be the proper time for the business NDA savers. Drivers can not sheet parcels as closed between noon and 1 PM or after 5PM. UPS has the technology to identify business stops. Therefore: the refusal of UPS to inform known businesses with drivers results in service failures.

It makes no sense.

UPS could easily provide the service to get these packages to the customers by 3PM or whatever the NDA saver commit time has been in the past in that area. OR at least provide notification in the DIAD of business stop NDA Savers.

It makes dollars$$$$; however it makes no sense.

Many of these packages are to businesses, are critical health care; or both.

Yet; the commit time is end of day? 9PM, 10PM+?

Many of the savers are going to pharmacies that close at 5PM.

Somehow; UPS's I.T. refuses to notify drivers of business stops for these NDA savers with the end of day commit? There is no reason EDD should not show that certain NDA Savers are for businesses.

This appears to be a pure money grab driven by corporate greed contrary to UPS's code of ethics.

Hopefully UPS is correcting this behavior.

Last edited:

DriverNerd

At this point in time: What is the reason for no commit time on NDA Business Savers? Early on in the COVID period; no commit times on business NDA parcels was sketchy at best. Now UPS has more drivers in every area and loop. Saver service time could easily be provided. UPS,ORION & EDD should easily be able to notify drivers with the packages that are BUSINESS NDA Savers. 5PM (at the latest) would be the proper time for the business NDA savers. Drivers can not sheet parcels as closed between noon and 1 PM or after 5PM. UPS has the technology to identify business stops. Therefore: this lack of sharing known businesses with drivers results in service failures.

It makes no sense.

UPS could easily provide the service to get these packages to the customers by 3PM or whatever the NDA saver commit time has been in the past in that area. OR at least provide notification of business stops.

Somehow; UPS's I.T. refuses to notify drivers of business stops for these NDA savers with the end of day commit? There is no reason EDD should not show that certain NDA Savers are for businesses.

This appears to be a pure money grab driven by corporate greed contrary to UPS's code of ethics.

UPS is doing it because they can. Blah blah blah Coronavirus blah blah blah money in the bank. We know it is wrong; we know it is hurting and taking advantage of customers; we know it could easily be done.

chicken alfredo

UPS is doing it because they can. Blah blah blah Coronavirus blah blah blah money in the bank. We know it is wrong; we know it is hurting and taking advantage of customers; we know it could easily be done.
Big deal , just do what we get paid to do and call it a day . We don’t get paid what the goobers in the boardroom get paid to make foolish decisions

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
At this point in time: What is the reason for no commit time on NDA Business Savers? Early on in the COVID period; no commit times on business NDA parcels was sketchy at best. Now UPS has more drivers in every area and loop. Saver service time could easily be provided. UPS,ORION & EDD should easily be able to notify drivers with the packages that are BUSINESS NDA Savers. 5PM (at the latest) would be the proper time for the business NDA savers. Drivers can not sheet parcels as closed between noon and 1 PM or after 5PM. UPS has the technology to identify business stops. Therefore: the refusal of UPS to inform known businesses with drivers results in service failures.

It makes no sense.

UPS could easily provide the service to get these packages to the customers by 3PM or whatever the NDA saver commit time has been in the past in that area. OR at least provide notification in the DIAD of business stop NDA Savers.

Air savers always killed me because the timing of my pick up route is terrible. If we went back to commits on those, I'd be another hour over allowed. Honestly, I don't see the big deal. For some areas in my building it only changes the commit by an hour and a half from 330 to 5 (assuming the business closes at 5) and others it's only half an hour. It's still next day service, and if It's that important, pay the extra to get it there by 1030 or noon.

DriverNerd

Big deal , just do what we get paid to do and call it a day . We don’t get paid what the goobers in the boardroom get paid to make foolish decisions

I'm not bothered that we're not doing it, I'm bothered that UPS still lists their Saver service as 3 pm commit on their own website. Just get rid of the time guarantee and tell the customer delivered the next day.