Already laughing At Peak

bbsam

Staff member
Reading what your fellow contractors are saying is pretty entertaining. If you can't find people to drive for crap wages, the Ground model basically falls apart. Putting a sticker that says "bbsam Inc", and another one that says "Operated for FedEx Ground" doesn't really change anything. It's still Fred's clown circus, and someday soon it will be legally proven he owns the clowns.
You need to dig deeper. Average Ground wages could go up 30% and the company would still be making a killing. And this isn't Fred's deal anyway. There's too much money at play to let 3 NLRB appointees change how the game is played. And in my opinion that's unfortunate.

It will be fine

Reading what your fellow contractors are saying is pretty entertaining. If you can't find people to drive for crap wages, the Ground model basically falls apart. Putting a sticker that says "bbsam Inc", and another one that says "Operated for FedEx Ground" doesn't really change anything. It's still Fred's clown circus, and someday soon it will be legally proven he owns the clowns.
Wait a minute, I need drivers to run a trucking company? Who knew? The guys saying you can't find people to drive are the ones that never tried.

It will be fine

No answers???? Please apply ? where needed.
It's been answered many times. They are the motor carrier and have every right to determine standards for drivers performing services under their DOT number. It's in the regulations even. It's a stupid argument that only demonstrates your ignorance.

SmithBarney

Over the past week I have got calls from 5 cons at my former terminal..one guy offered 1 dollar a stop after i stopped laughing I told him I would do it for 3 dollars a stop he said he would get back to me....The next one actually said a flat rate of `120.00...Told #2 if its about 40 stops that would work..He also will get back....In other words ya peak is going to be ****ed....
Find a FedEx Express Station that's hiring runners/helpers I hear they make $25+/hr to ride shotgun and run packages to doors.

Bounty

It's been answered many times. They are the motor carrier and have every right to determine standards for drivers performing services under their DOT number. It's in the regulations even. It's a stupid argument that only demonstrates your ignorance.
Are these standards DOT'S standards or X'S? If x is requiring more than The DOT does, it's a conflict.

TeamLift

If a driver is terminated by their CSP but not disqualified by Fedex, they are free to be hired by another entity. I have to wonder why FXG wouldn't push the DQ on someone for route abandonment though, and why another contractor would want to take a chance on someone who did that... Is there more to this story?

As for cursing out a customer; unless there is proof of that happening or those accusations are a trend for a particular individual, it isn't likely anything that anyone is willing to act on because it is a "he said, she said" hearsay scenario. Have you ever been accused of being rude to a customer when you weren't, simply because they were irate and you couldn't help them? Happens all the time across many industries.

I know the driver and the contractor he did this to, the route got handled, couple of guys that finished early helped as well as a call in, he said the driver brought the load back and was crying like a baby, a week later he is back with a different route and contractor. The guy who cussed out a customer, they called in and told what the driver said to them, also would 02 the last 20 stops that he didn't feel like doing as well as other stuff, yet it took 4 contractors to finally get rid of him. They were all told what he had done previously, but they were desperate for help. Like I said, there is nobody beating down the door to do this job, and so they have to accept a lot of garbage from drivers that they wouldn't have thought of taking 2 years ago. The well has dried up, and its getting to the point that FedEx will be discussing what type of felonies they might have to accept in the future. When the economy picks up, if it ever does, it will be hell to tell the captain when it comes to finding drivers.

bacha29

This is when you start. This is when you stop. This is what you wear. This where you go. This is how you'll do it. Etc. Etc. But it's you're business remember.And for you multi-routes can't you see what's happening to all of you. You're quickly running out of people willing to go out there and deliver you top of the scale performance for bottom of the scale money. Imangine what this company is going to do to you when not if but when that day arrives.

bacha29

This is when you start. This is when you stop. This is what you wear. This where you go. This is how you'll do it. Etc. Etc. But it's you're business remember.And for you multi-routes can't you see what's happening to all of you. You're quickly running out of people willing to go out there and deliver you top of the scale performance for bottom of the scale money. Imangine what this company is going to do to you when not if but when that day arrives.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It's gonna be an interest ing peak... No new drivers yet & these contractors better step up their hiring process because in my state, they did away with the hiring of hourly temps. I see the temp listings in other cities though

What, they expect us to be out there until midnight????

STFXG

It's gonna be an interest ing peak... No new drivers yet & these contractors better step up their hiring process because in my state, they did away with the hiring of hourly temps. I see the temp listings in other cities though

What, they expect us to be out there until midnight????
It's September. No reason to even start looking until mid October.

OrioN

Really??? With background checks taking forever, a few potential HD drivers moved on to better things because they got fed up with waiting... They got to get the ball rolling now

bbsam

Staff member
Really??? With background checks taking forever, a few potential HD drivers moved on to better things because they got fed up with waiting... They got to get the ball rolling now
No they don't. What if a contractor fails at peak? What if 20% fail at peak? I know you've heard stories of contractors being run out the door but that just doesn't happen except for things like workplace violence. I'm not HD so I don't really care much about peak. The profit just isn't worth the risks involved with hiring temp help. I don't see making clearing an extra 3 grand as worth gambling on possible tow bills, wrecks, etc.

bacha29

Good Point bbsam. The problem is that every year they go out and oversell the service. Doing so makes it a fedex problem that requires a fedex solution. You can so called train new drivers but when they are out there in bad weather after dark on ice covered roads they are not familiar with is an open invitation to a disaster.

OrioN

I guess so... So if the contractors' drivers starts bringing back DNAs, FedEx will have to step in to help? Our volume is at peak levels now... I almost dna'd 30 stops & will had to log out close to 2330, but a neighboring driver from the same corp gave me some help. We split the remaining 40 and both clocked out at 2200...

Another driver next to me is burning out... This contractor gotta learn to not set us up to fail & hire more drivers now

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
both clocked out at 2200...

916.gif

OrioN

Yup yup... I dunno why westcoasthd's volume dropped in half, we're exploding in volume

Hey, it was a Saturday, and people were glad they didn't have to wait until Tues for their stuff. I was so close to logging out at 2100 and say friend-it