Altercations while at home off the clock

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Okay so I was walking my dog this morning before work and had my uniform on and had an altercation with a neighbor about dog :censored2: in his yard. He claimed my dog :censored2: in his yard and he saw him do it but he was lying because my dog just went peepee lol! Words were exchanged and I later apologized to him for past poops in his yard. Could he call in on me and try to get me fired over this altercation?
Never mind getting fired, who cares! Let's get on to the important stuff...

Did you really let your dog go on his yard? Shameful! Too much nitrogen in dog urine. It will cause a burn.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
from our supplement
ARTICLE 32
LOCKERS, UNIFORMS
The Employer shall provide lockers and the basic uniform shall be
kept in the locker. Employees shall change into uniforms on the
Company premises before reporting for duty and change out of uni-
forms after being relieved from duty each day.
That's old school and never practiced anymore. Once the company started letting drivers buy part of the uniform, that went out the window.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Actually, he could get a warning letter, which is the start of progressive discipline. A while back, we had a center manager that had a jag for anyone that came in or left in browns. He handed out warning letters. They stuck until he left. New center manager says go straight home or come straight to work and it will not be a problem, anything else will be a problem.
That's so dumb. If I wanna stop at the grocery store or gas station on my way home without changing then I do it!!!

john chesney

Okay so I was walking my dog this morning before work and had my uniform on and had an altercation with a neighbor about dog :censored2: in his yard. He claimed my dog :censored2: in his yard and he saw him do it but he was lying because my dog just went peepee lol! Words were exchanged and I later apologized to him for past poops in his yard. Could he call in on me and try to get me fired over this altercation?
Had a bar brawl with about 20 drivers in uniform drunk. :censored2: that guy let him call anyone he wants

542thruNthru

Most places have language like this. So yes you could be disciplined if he were to call in a complaint on you.

Screenshot_20190111-141041.png

Though unless your manager has a hard on for you I wouldn't worry about it. We have had guys fired for doing stupid :censored2: in their uniforms, usually alcohol related. They've all gotten their jobs back but it happens.

Rule of thumb is act like you're on the clock when wearing the uniform. You can be a dick to the guy later after you take it off. :)

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
from our supplement
ARTICLE 32
LOCKERS, UNIFORMS
The Employer shall provide lockers and the basic uniform shall be
kept in the locker. Employees shall change into uniforms on the
Company premises before reporting for duty and change out of uni-
forms after being relieved from duty each day.
Anything in there about shaving ???
:). :)

rod

Retired 22 years
I was digging in the back of my truck one day when a guy wearing a Hawaiian shirt and shorts stuck his head through the door and proudly proclaimed he was on vacation and was a driver in "BF Egypt". Then he pointed to his UPS ball cap he was proudly wearing.