Am Voting No And This Is Why - 08/21/18

BrownRecycler

After long period of my debate, squabble, and filibustering, am voting no, and I'll tell you why.

According to the language and contractual wage agreement, it is my best conscious and belief that the contract undermining the value of seniority and its 2nd tier wage system while creating unnecessary divisions among itself.

For package handler, those with year older seniority should get more money not equal or less than other employee with younger seniority date.

The 22.4 languages are dividing the seniority and rank of the RPCD while creating problematic future forthcoming of grievance lacking monetary consequence for the company to stay obedience to the contract.

While I fully commend the increase pension as they should in every contract in response to the dollar value and reducing the pre-eligibility period for medical benefits, it is not enough without the proper balance of the workforce.

My editor in chief @BrownArmy will answer any question that you might have. Thank you, and for solidarity!

Inthegame

After long period of my debate, squabble, and filibustering, am voting no, and I'll tell you why.

According to the language and contractual wage agreement, it is my best conscious and belief that the contract undermining the value of seniority and its 2nd tier wage system while creating unnecessary divisions among itself.

For package handler, those with year older seniority should get more money not equal or less than other employee with younger seniority date.

The 22.4 languages are dividing the seniority and rank of the RPCD while creating problematic future forthcoming of grievance lacking monetary consequence for the company to stay obedience to the contract.

While I fully commend the increase pension as they should in every contract in response to the dollar value and reducing the pre-eligibility period for medical benefits, it is not enough without the proper balance of the workforce.

My editor in chief @BrownArmy will answer any question that you might have. Thank you, and for solidarity!
Do you write for "The Onion"?

Inthegame

I am voting no because of subcontracting in feeders. Less then inflation raises. 22.4 no 9.5 and less pay for delivering ground.
I'll agree with 4 out of 5. My crystal ball can't tell me what inflation will be next week much less in 5 years. Contrary to your belief, the CBA's have surpassed inflation for 25 years.
Must be using millennial math.

born2Bwild

Somewhere I read on upsers website that if you are under 25 years with the company you will pay something for healthcare. While they say it’s free doesn’t mean it’s free for everyone.Can someone verify this with the agreement and not opinion that I’m wrong

born2Bwild

If you want to see how bad this contract is all you have to do is see how hard the company is trying to get it passed. It’s your future, it’s your best interest shut it down, don’t fall for it

BrownRecycler

Somewhere I read on upsers website that if you are under 25 years with the company you will pay something for healthcare. While they say it’s free doesn’t mean it’s free for everyone.Can someone verify this with the agreement and not opinion that I’m wrong

Page 13

Doesn't look free.

Inthegame

If you want to see how bad this contract is all you have to do is see how hard the company is trying to get it passed. It’s your future, it’s your best interest shut it down, don’t fall for it
You're warning to "not fall for it" and you post this...
Management pays monthly premiums, but they're not covered under the CBA. For your answer, refer to NMA 34 Sec 2., when you leave the UPS propaganda pages.
Vote yes vote no, but vote on facts, not suppositions.

Kelgirl

You're warning to "not fall for it" and you post this...

Management pays monthly premiums, but they're not covered under the CBA. For your answer, refer to NMA 34 Sec 2., when you leave the UPS propaganda pages.
Vote yes vote no, but vote on facts, not suppositions.
Vote No. This is bad, contract, We desrserve, no DEMAND Better

BrownRecycler

Having too many division is very problematic in a structured organization while having too few doesn't divide the responsibility. One extra division, the 22.4, is too many which can leads to excessive delegation and grievance while having no monetary penalty following backlog after backlog of no consequence.

Definition of delegation
1: the act of empowering to act for another
  • the delegation of responsibilities
2: a group of persons chosen to represent others
  • the state's congressional delegation

Monetary penalty is an extremely effective consequence because it keeps business check and balance.

Without the penalty in the contract agreement for doing wrong, psychologically, it is the same as having no consequence for doing wrong. Human will tend to continue the wrong doing without consequences. Sure, you can have company team of people who are paid lawyer or disputing party member, but, when come to winning or losing, there will never be monetary costs leading to free labor, extensive headache, energy consuming, red taping, etc.

According to the new contract, Article 8 - National Grievance Procedure, 3., , there are now lesser committee member that over-seeing the grievance system. Should the grievance flooded, the less remaining committee member may face an over-whelming response of the untested invention of the 22.4 division. Is it too soon to lay off the Grievance Committee?

Am adding one more reason why I am voting NO, the layoff of the Grievance Committee members are too soon for the new idea of 22.4 division.

Last edited:

BrownRecycler

Am not going to name my Local but can says the very least that we won't get our local contract until between September and October. This says everything about the Teamster's master contract. If the contract is too agreeable, my local have no problem getting the writing done for it, but, then again, if they were working fast then this argument is false.

Lot of local have their contract made. Our have not. Not every local voted yes and without the public record of who voted Yay or Nay, I guess we will never know the vote.

The point that I am making is that the contract required lot of stitching so much that the bargaining committee of my local will have to go to the table to talk with the company.

The master contract will not work for our economic/industry system that will force locals to bargain for plugins to re-write what master contract doesn't or do have.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Am not going to name my Local but can says the very least that we won't get our local contract until between September and October. This says everything about the Teamster's master contract. If the contract is too agreeable, my local have no problem getting the writing done for it, but, then again, if they were working fast then this argument is false.

Lot of local have their contract made. Our have not. Not every local voted yes and without the public record of who voted Yay or Nay, I guess we will never know the vote.

The point that I am making is that the contract required lot of stitching so much that the bargaining committee of my local will have to go to the table to talk with the company.

The master contract will not work for our economic/industry system that will force locals to bargain for plugins to re-write what master contract doesn't or do have.

@Wally you wanna try and translate ^^^

Gives me a headache

Mooseknuckle

Yet somehow we find that the biggest segment of UPS employees are working for near minimum wage?

How can that be???
Yeah, when we go on strike they will be crying to the media about how these greedy employees make way too much. You won't hear about part timers making up the majority of the company.