amazon and saturdays?

Wow so much wrong information in here it's amazing.

Umm the USPS is actually looking to eliminate weekend delivery because they're getting killed on it. Their infrastructure can't handle 7 days/week. They're struggling now with what they have. There was just an article about Amazon and how they overestimated USPS and their capabilities. Probably why they want Saturday ground now.

I'm sure everyone wants customizable options for delivery for free. Hell I want a Ferrari fully loaded but I only want to pay the price of a Honda Civic. That's the problem with the new "have it now at no cost" generation. It's not realistic or even sane.

Why should delivery be free or cheap with every custom option for companies shipping? Just for the joy of having their volume???

Yeah that is not how business works.
The low wage no benefit casuals deliver on Sunday

TUT

Wow so much wrong information in here it's amazing.

Umm the USPS is actually looking to eliminate weekend delivery because they're getting killed on it. Their infrastructure can't handle 7 days/week. They're struggling now with what they have. There was just an article about Amazon and how they overestimated USPS and their capabilities. Probably why they want Saturday ground now.

I'm sure everyone wants customizable options for delivery for free. Hell I want a Ferrari fully loaded but I only want to pay the price of a Honda Civic. That's the problem with the new "have it now at no cost" generation. It's not realistic or even sane.

Why should delivery be free or cheap with every custom option for companies shipping? Just for the joy of having their volume???

Yeah that is not how business works.

Give it time... 6 days is on the table for both small package carriers already. As you have read, some of that is now spilling down to the stations.

I assume my words feel threatening to some. Thing is USPS is doing weekends and has been for quite some time now. Is it easy for them or ideal? I didn't say it was. But it is putting pressure on both small package carriers to come up with something to compete with. We all know no one entity can really handle all of Amazon's biz well, that is all that is happening here. If you took USPS out as the only carrier to handle Amazon on the weekends and inserted UPS as the exclusive carrier, you would have the same complaints. That isn't the point. That's another discussion not all the relevant to carriers moving towards working weekends as a regular day.

You then mention the "have it now" generation, yes that is out there, they have unrealistic requests, but they point to uber and entities like that of thinking outside the box. Their words though do make it back to Marketing depts and they work on trying new things to satisfying customer needs and trends if at all possible. What I'm saying is that I feel confident that operating under the same operational guidelines today, but instead for 6 and 7 days a week is something your company is more set up to do vs many other pie in the sky requests. Moving product constantly does improve delivery times overall, improves perishable shipping, it brings positives to your customers.

I hope for your sakes that additional people hired to help alleviate 6 and 7 day shipping demands.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And they're still losing money to the point that the taxpayers will bail them out with more government backed interest free loans they won't pay back.
Let's not start with the post office ugh so they piss me off. They have a built in federally mandated cost advantage. They should not be allowed to directly compete with us. And if they do they should be force to charge a minimum price that's is equal to us or FedEx.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Give it time... 6 days is on the table for both small package carriers already. As you have read, some of that is now spilling down to the stations.

I assume my words feel threatening to some. Thing is USPS is doing weekends and has been for quite some time now. Is it easy for them or ideal? I didn't say it was. But it is putting pressure on both small package carriers to come up with something to compete with. We all know no one entity can really handle all of Amazon's biz well, that is all that is happening here. If you took USPS out as the only carrier to handle Amazon on the weekends and inserted UPS as the exclusive carrier, you would have the same complaints. That isn't the point. That's another discussion not all the relevant to carriers moving towards working weekends as a regular day.

You then mention the "have it now" generation, yes that is out there, they have unrealistic requests, but they point to uber and entities like that of thinking outside the box. Their words though do make it back to Marketing depts and they work on trying new things to satisfying customer needs and trends if at all possible. What I'm saying is that I feel confident that operating under the same operational guidelines today, but instead for 6 and 7 days a week is something your company is more set up to do vs many other pie in the sky requests. Moving product constantly does improve delivery times overall, improves perishable shipping, it brings positives to your customers.

I hope for your sakes that there are additional people hired to help alleviated 6 and 7 day shipping.
Boy you used a lot of words to say nothing.

Let's not start with the post office ugh so they piss me off. They have a built in federally mandated cost advantage. They should not be allowed to directly compete with us. And if they do they should be force to charge a minimum price that's is equal to us or FedEx.
We can't deliver mail. We also have to pay corporate taxes, turnpike fees ,have our vehicles inspected ,plus make a profit.

Our leaders are so greedy they will take a small profit today and lose billions down the road.

Snuff out Amazon and the post office now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Keep in mind that they have also been forced to prepay $75B toward their pension.

There are very few companies that could take that kind of hit and still be in business.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

Exactly. We could beat this subject to death and people still wouldn't get it apparently

dudebro

Idk how they can cut anymore than they already have. would start having missed pieces as everyone is already loaded down
We wouldn't have to cut routes. There are already fewer routes on Monday than there are on Tuesday nationwide, because Monday pickups (after the weekend) are the heaviest and drive Tuesday stops up. So if a center runs 65 routes on a Monday and 71 on a Tuesday, theoretically you could have 6 drivers work Tuesday-Saturday and have 6 FT drivers available to deliver ground on Saturday at regular rate.