Section 1
In the case of each full-time seniority employee the standard work-
week shall be forty (40) hours per week, and the standard workday
shall be eight (8) hours per day. Work shall be scheduled for five
(5) consecutive days - Monday through Friday or Tuesday through
Saturday. An employee may be required to work in excess of an
eight (8) hour day or a forty (40) hour week and in that event, he/she
shall be compensated at the rate of time and one-half (1 1/2) his/her
regular straight-time rate for all hours worked in excess of eight (8)
hours in a day or forty (40) hours in a week.
In order for the Employer, the Union and employees to further ben-
efit from expanding service offerings to our customers, it may
become necessary to create schedules that differ from those that
exist today. Future full-time schedules may be expanded to include
Sunday through Thursday. Should that happen, current full-time
employees will be afforded the opportunity to select their preferred
schedule in seniority order.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oops
ARTICLE 12-HOURS OF WORK
Section 1
In the case of each full-time seniority employee the standard work-
week shall be forty (40) hours per week, and the standard workday
shall be eight (8) hours per day. Work shall be scheduled for five
(5) consecutive days - Monday through Friday or Tuesday through
Saturday. An employee may be required to work in excess of an
eight (8) hour day or a forty (40) hour week and in that event, he/she
shall be compensated at the rate of time and one-half (1 1/2) his/her
regular straight-time rate for all hours worked in excess of eight (8)
hours in a day or forty (40) hours in a week.
In order for the Employer, the Union and employees to further ben-
efit from expanding service offerings to our customers, it may
become necessary to create schedules that differ from those that
exist today. Future full-time schedules may be expanded to include
Sunday through Thursday. Should that happen, current full-time
employees will be afforded the opportunity to select their preferred
schedule in seniority order.
It's cool. I just assumed you were wrong again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ups should go to amazon and tell them if were going to do this we want it all no more usps no more fedex no more of your own delivery drivers or your air plains. we will do whatever but we want all of your business they know we can do it and ups corporate knows they can do it

There is no way that we could handle all of their volume (at our current staffing levels).

TUT

The main small package carriers will become 6 day a week ground shippers at no extra cost. 7 days most likely in the little more out there future. This will be their best answer for ecommerce. Understand, many companies are wanting same day with very little surcharges added to that. They continue to come to your sales team with new age demands that just aren't practical at your level. Things the Big 2 can do, like USPS is proving is shaving off lost weekend days. That is something that can work in their system vs many other pie in the sky requests they get daily from millennial dreamers.

Tiredbrown

Professional box jockey
The main small package carriers will become 6 day a week ground shippers at no extra cost. 7 days most likely in the little more out there future. This will be their best answer for ecommerce. Understand, many companies are wanting same day with very little surcharges added to that. They continue to come to your sales team with new age demands that just aren't practical at your level. Things the Big 2 can do, like USPS is proving is shaving off lost weekend days. That is something that can work in their system vs many other pie in the sky requests they get daily from millennial dreamers.
Using the usps as an example is terrible logic. They operate on a multi-billion dollar loss each year. If you think ups does anything without making money on it you're crazy.

TUT

Using the usps as an example is terrible logic. They operate on a multi-billion dollar loss each year. If you think ups does anything without making money on it you're crazy.

The USPS example I gave I don't think you read it correctly in how I meant it. The point is their system can handle 7 days like yours could if manned, it's just the same system with no down time. This is doable if you like it or not. There are other services your customers are asking for that would be very difficult for you to pull off. How about all packages on a 2 hour delivery window with a very small accessorial charge based upon the recipients request any time from 8am to 8pm? I can assure you the industry is asking you to do this and asking why not? And with the threat of "if you don't some day you'll be a dinosaur". Yes they say it to your sales people like that.

Sat is virtually a done deal and most likely Sunday in time. USPS has not only been taking volume on weekends, but they have also picked up relevant volume that was getting hit with the new dim rules the small package carriers implimented last year to ground. They've seen a real uptick in volume. And I know everyone gets defensive about their own, but USPS is reliable enough that it is working and saving shippers a lot of money.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The USPS example I gave I don't think you read it correctly in how I meant it. The point is their system can handle 7 days like yours could if manned, it's just the same system with no down time. This is doable if you like it or not. There are other services your customers are asking for that would be very difficult for you to pull off. How about all packages on a 2 hour delivery window with a very small accessorial charge based upon the recipients request any time from 8am to 8pm? I can assure you the industry is asking you to do this and asking why not? And with the threat of "if you don't some day you'll be a dinosaur". Yes they say it to your sales people like that.

Sat is virtually a done deal and most likely Sunday in time. USPS has not only been taking volume on weekends, but they have also picked up relevant volume that was getting hit with the new dim rules the small package carriers implimented last year to ground. They've seen a real uptick in volume. And I know everyone gets defensive about their own, but USPS is reliable enough that it is working and saving shippers a lot of money.

Wow so much wrong information in here it's amazing.

Umm the USPS is actually looking to eliminate weekend delivery because they're getting killed on it. Their infrastructure can't handle 7 days/week. They're struggling now with what they have. There was just an article about Amazon and how they overestimated USPS and their capabilities. Probably why they want Saturday ground now.

I'm sure everyone wants customizable options for delivery for free. Hell I want a Ferrari fully loaded but I only want to pay the price of a Honda Civic. That's the problem with the new "have it now at no cost" generation. It's not realistic or even sane.

Why should delivery be free or cheap with every custom option for companies shipping? Just for the joy of having their volume???

Yeah that is not how business works.