America's Backdoor To Communism

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Insurance companies may not pay for business losses from coronavirus.

Small-business owners banking on their so-called business disruption insurance to bail them out of the mounting losses being inflicted by the COVID-19 pandemic may be in for a rude shock.

That’s because a little-known condition of coverage put in place in 2006, a few years after the SARS outbreak, excludes coverage for any “loss due to virus or bacteria.”
Interesting. I never knew about this type of insurance. It looks like a new market for insurance companies covering virus-bacteria going foward.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Apparently you haven't been paying attention in the last couple of days. Plenty of room for hope. Pushing the "we're all going to die" narrative isn't grounded in reality.

There's room for hope, but a necessity for reality. Trump touted "possible" treatments for Covid-19. Nothing has been proven to work and Trump was immediately disputed by a number of experts.

Clinical trials have started, but a vaccine is 12-18 months out, assuming they find one.

More Trump salesmanship. Obviously, you're buying it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I like to criticize Republicans, but at least they're not pushing to use tax payer money to pay for sex reassignment surgery for illegal immigrants. No joke.

Wow. That's a really critical issue right now, isn't it? You keep clinging to your rocks of insanity. Nero fiddles as Rome burns, or is that too high concept for you?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There's room for hope, but a necessity for reality. Trump touted "possible" treatments for Covid-19. Nothing has been proven to work and Trump was immediately disputed by a number of experts.

Clinical trials have started, but a vaccine is 12-18 months out, assuming they find one.

More Trump salesmanship. Obviously, you're buying it.
Those same media people and so called experts would be awarding Obama the Nobel Prize by now for citing the same possible treatments.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Those same media people and so called experts would be awarding Obama the Nobel Prize by now for citing the same possible treatments.

Obama would give us the straight story, just like he did on Ebola. Sorry, pal, but we need a straight shooter right now, not Cal Worthington.

bbsam

Staff member
Do you not see the irony in saying taxes are not taking from us and that tax breaks are giving to corporations?
I don’t know. Are bailouts giving to corporations? I guess semantics aside, what difference does it make?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Wow. That's a really critical issue right now, isn't it? You keep clinging to your rocks of insanity. Nero fiddles as Rome burns, or is that too high concept for you?
You need to save up and pay for your sex change operation yourself or keep living as a transvestite fren. Best of luck to you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don’t know. Are bailouts giving to corporations? I guess semantics aside, what difference does it make?
Is a loan that's repaid a bailout? Is a home refinance a bailout?

Semantics aside, it matters if the government is taking ownership of the company. That's the point of this thread.

El Correcto

god is dead
Semantics can be important sometimes. It shows how someone views the world.
You feel that someone else money is yours when you say tax breaks are giving to someone.
I don’t view the world that way and see tax breaks as taking less from someone.

bbsam

Staff member
Semantics can be important sometimes. It shows how someone views the world.
You feel that someone else money is yours when you say tax breaks are giving to someone.
I don’t view the world that way and see tax breaks as taking less from someone.
And that simply ignores consent of the governed which happens to be paramount to democracy or a representative republic. We accept taxation with representation.

El Correcto

god is dead
And that simply ignores consent of the governed which happens to be paramount to democracy or a representative republic. We accept taxation with representation.
Consent has nothing to do with being taken from, you can agree with the taking or resist it. That’s a completely different conversation that you’re pivoting to.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You need to save up and pay for your sex change operation yourself or keep living as a transvestite fren. Best of luck to you.

i'm fully hetero, have a wife, and 3 kids. Long history of well-satisfied GIRLfriends. You, on the other hand, seem to know an awful lot about trans stuff, to the point of being pretty strange.

Did they deny your funding? Did you just get half the job done? Where do you find size 13 stilettos, or a shimmery cocktail dress for your special evenings out on the town?

Do they still toss you out of Victoria's Secret for trying the stuff on?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I always think it's interesting that they scream about taxes, yet seem to have no problem with corporate welfare that allows many of them to essentially pay zero taxes.

The problem is that our representation is faulty. How do you create equitable taxation when Congress is on the take from lobbyists and corporations?