And So It Begins...

vantexan

He's polling at 1%. No one cares about him.

Take a guess.
So? If his assertions are correct we're going to see a fundamental shift in how business is conducted. By the way my dad saw on tv the other day a demonstration of robots unloading boxes. They performed really well. Tell me again how automation isn't going to affect jobs?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The hype about homelessness from the right wing news sources is way overblown, like the threat of 'caravans' of rapists coming from Mexico that the administration is now claiming are mostly families who are overwhelming the system. They went from vicious MS13 rapists and drug dealers to more than half women and children pretty quickly.

I like the idea that large numbers of "families" mean that there aren't any bad guys in the bunch.

59 Dano

If the trade deficit with China was up due to Americans buying more, that would be great, right???? Trump said that was the problem. Now the deficit is even higher, AND people are buying LESS from China but China is buying MUCH less from the US. So that means we are losing MORE money AND getting less for what we do spend. Only in the mind of a Trump syncophant would getting less for more money be a good thing. And only a Trumpie or a sociopath would thing that fewer Americans being able to get health care is good. And if you are math challenged, you think that 18 months with ZERO growth in the stock market is good. And only a fool ignores facts, makes up excuses, and deflects when the facts get in the way.

DJIA is up 30% since his inauguration. SO BAD!

59 Dano

So? If his assertions are correct we're going to see a fundamental shift in how business is conducted.

Do you always entertain guesses made by people who don't know any more a subject than the average person?

By the way my dad saw on tv the other day a demonstration of robots unloading boxes. They performed really well. Tell me again how automation isn't going to affect jobs?

How can I tell you that again when I haven't told you that the first time?

vantexan

Do you always entertain guesses made by people who don't know any more a subject than the average person?

How do you know it's a guess? And yes, you poo pooed the notion of automation devastating jobs that Yang talked about.

59 Dano

So you really think that the reduction in the number of people with access to health care has nothing to do with Trump. I thought that even idiots could see that fact. I am NOT saying you are an idiot, you may just be uninformed about Trump's policies that led DIRECTLY to fewer with coverage.

Trump got rid of a horrible law that forced you to buy it. So yes, he's responsible for it.

It will be fine

He wrote a book on the subject, so I’d guess he’s done more research than the average person.

59 Dano

How do you know it's a guess?

Good grief. Why don't you get his schlong out of your mouth long enough to think critically?

And yes, you poo pooed the notion of automation devastating jobs that Yang talked about.

I said his predictions are stupid and sensational. I never said that automation wouldn't affect jobs. SHEESH.

vantexan

Good grief. Why don't you get his schlong out of your mouth long enough to think critically?

I said his predictions are stupid and sensational. I never said that automation wouldn't affect jobs. SHEESH.
You said it would have a positive impact, not a negative. Tens of millions of jobs lost would be pretty negative. And for someone who professes Christianity that's pretty crude.

59 Dano

You said it would have a positive impact, not a negative. Tens of millions of jobs lost would be pretty negative. And for someone who professes Christianity that's pretty crude.

Yes, a positive impact. Like farm machinery, in which one tractor can do in one day what it used to take 20 people toiling from sunup to sundown to do.

But in your mind, that was bad and blasphemous.

vantexan

Yes, a positive impact. Like farm machinery, in which one tractor can do in one day what it used to take 20 people toiling from sunup to sundown to do.

But in your mind, that was bad and blasphemous.
And where are tens of millions of people going to go for work? It's bad enough that some are wanting open borders letting in millions more, but what are they and many millions of Americans going to do for work?

dmac1

Alright, he got rid of the PENALTY that comes with a horrible law that forces a person to obtain insurance for himself.
A lot of people are ignorant, meaning they don't know much about the subject. I doubt anyone with any intelligence was 'forced' to buy insurance. Smart people want insurance to protect their assets AND their health. Poor people were getting subsidies that made the insurance that protected their health and assets a great deal. Really poor working people got insurance for as low as $1 a month. Every plan covered basiv vare with NO deductible. And the plan limits your out of pocket to 10% of income, even if your deductible says it is higher for what isn't fully covered. The plan eliminated co-insurance, which is what made tens of thousands of families go bankrupt. Only someone real stupid was 'forced' to buy insurance, and that was for their own good. If insurance was truly unaffordable, there was NO penalty. If you could afford it, and chose not to have it, you were just too stupid, and the gene pool would be better off without you. A lot of idiots fell for the line that people were being 'forced' to buy insurance they could not afford. Millions more stupidly repeated claims that they couldn't see a doctor due to 'high' deductibles that don't even apply to most care at all. Shows just how stupid some people were and still are about Obamacare.

dmac1

And where are tens of millions of people going to go for work? It's bad enough that some are wanting open borders letting in millions more, but what are they and many millions of Americans going to do for work?
People claiming that some want open borders can never name a single elected official asking for open borders. It is something FOX news tells them, so they repeat it because they are either ignorant, stupid, or just trolling.

dmac1

Alright, he got rid of the PENALTY that comes with a horrible law that forces a person to obtain insurance for himself.

And people were not forced to buy insurance. If you were one of the few potentially liable for the penalty, you had a choice- pay a slightly higher tax rate, or buy insurance. There are many discounts on taxes for many things- you could pay for your kid's college and get a discount on taxes, or give to your church and get a discount on your taxes, or BUY insurance and get a discount. People who have insurance will save the government money if that person is sick or injured and should get a discount on their taxes too. This is another example of ignorant people getting all riled up because FOX news told them to. Removing the penalty is stupid. It will reduce the number of insured, raising rates for the rest, it will lead to more medical bankruptcies, and it will add to the deficit, raising taxes on everyone, instead of just those who are costing more public money.

bacha29

A lot of people are ignorant, meaning they don't know much about the subject. I doubt anyone with any intelligence was 'forced' to buy insurance. Smart people want insurance to protect their assets AND their health. Poor people were getting subsidies that made the insurance that protected their health and assets a great deal. Really poor working people got insurance for as low as $1 a month. Every plan covered basiv vare with NO deductible. And the plan limits your out of pocket to 10% of income, even if your deductible says it is higher for what isn't fully covered. The plan eliminated co-insurance, which is what made tens of thousands of families go bankrupt. Only someone real stupid was 'forced' to buy insurance, and that was for their own good. If insurance was truly unaffordable, there was NO penalty. If you could afford it, and chose not to have it, you were just too stupid, and the gene pool would be better off without you. A lot of idiots fell for the line that people were being 'forced' to buy insurance they could not afford. Millions more stupidly repeated claims that they couldn't see a doctor due to 'high' deductibles that don't even apply to most care at all. Shows just how stupid some people were and still are about Obamacare.
You nailed it 100% . The conservative talk radio pundits had people believing that if they didn't buy insurance and simply paid the penalty they would get insurance. They were flat out lied to It still comes down to the same inescapable reality. When you go to that hospital and sign the treatment authorization form you are 100% liable for every dime of the cost of treatment. There's no more walking out the door and stiffing the hospital. No more crying on the shoulder of charities or compassionate neighbors holding spaghetti dinners. The ACA was one of the biggest roll outs in the nation's history. The people who went directly to the Healthcare Marketplace for the answers they needed instead of Fox News learned how the system worked. Stiffed with hundreds of millions in unpaid bills the healthcare system was in a crisis especially in rural America. If you don't want to buy insurance that's fine but in the end when the suffering becomes unbearable you'll go to the hospital and with no insurance ......... you tell me.......what are you going to do?