Any reason why the DIAD can't flag businesses?

OptimusPrime

I ask this because of random add/cuts. Had one today. The info in the board just showed a name. Glancing through the stops, seemed no big deal, just some random resi's I'm not familiar with. Turned out one was a business. Just so happened to get there in time. Is there a good reason that EDD can't differentiate between business and residential? I would think it would it be easy enough. They would have a ton of data showing drivers sheeting it as one or the other. Had this issue last week as well. Country route, with business weaved through it. Had to have the OCS print out the manifest, and mark all of the businesses. Even that wasn't foolproof.

BrownArmy

The DIAD IV has the functionality to do this - hit 'Z' with the ABC key on, and scroll through your manifest...

For business addresses, the street address will change to the name of the business.

I'm a cover driver, and this only works occasionally, and not for all routes/all businesses.

My guess is that there is an extra step that someone needs to take to flag an address as a business so that it shows up this way.

I asked the really nice office ladies about it, they had no idea what I was talking about, center manager didn't know either.

It's just like everything else at UPS, let's build a Porsche but give it Yugo tires and brakes.

Indecisi0n

There are businesses like that on a few splits I cover. Those business get missed 80% of the time because they are always paled to the 8k section. It's beelike this for years and no one has changed it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The DIAD IV has the functionality to do this - hit 'Z' with the ABC key on, and scroll through your manifest...

For business addresses, the street address will change to the name of the business.

I'm a cover driver, and this only works occasionally, and not for all routes/all businesses.

My guess is that there is an extra step that someone needs to take to flag an address as a business so that it shows up this way.

I asked the really nice office ladies about it, they had no idea what I was talking about, center manager didn't know either.

It's just like everything else at UPS, let's build a Porsche but give it Yugo tires and brakes.

My PDS doesn't know that you when you do add/cuts for areas that include pickups that you can transfer the pickups along with the deliveries.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
This is incorrect.

The business would be a commercial stop.

Per DIAD training if someone lives at the address it is a Resi. Had the training in Feb or March. The only exception given was an apartment complex office.

To the OP....I think Orion does what you are asking.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
One of the areas I cover has condo heaven... miles of condos. They get cut to other routes and always palled high. There are a few offices mixed in that are always missed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have a feeling this is businesses on the bottom and residential apartments above. As long as they are differentiated by suite numbers these are not all considered residential stops.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

undies

Just make sure you break off to make those business stops on the 8K shelf before 5, then go back to the resi and finish up that 13.99 day.

I ask this because of random add/cuts. Had one today. The info in the board just showed a name. Glancing through the stops, seemed no big deal, just some random resi's I'm not familiar with. Turned out one was a business. Just so happened to get there in time. Is there a good reason that EDD can't differentiate between business and residential? I would think it would it be easy enough. They would have a ton of data showing drivers sheeting it as one or the other. Had this issue last week as well. Country route, with business weaved through it. Had to have the OCS print out the manifest, and mark all of the businesses. Even that wasn't foolproof.
There's no reason.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Per DIAD training if someone lives at the address it is a Resi. Had the training in Feb or March. The only exception given was an apartment complex office.To the OP....I think Orion does what you are asking.

I deliver to a building which houses a hair salon on the first floor and apartments on the second and third. The hair salon is a business while the apartments are residential.

The DIAD training was referring to a single family home with a business on-site. In this instance both the business and home would be residential stops.