Any reason why the DIAD can't flag businesses?

oldngray

nowhere special
I deliver to a building which houses a hair salon on the first floor and apartments on the second and third. The hair salon is a business while the apartments are residential.

The DIAD training was referring to a single family home with a business on-site. In this instance both the business and home would be residential stops.

Nope. If the hair salon has a separate entrance it is a business even if it has the same address.

PhatAzz

It can. Your dispatch team can put a commit time for that address in it.

Yes. + 1 Have your dispatch sup put in a 16:00 commit time. That will give you and hour and 20 minutes before 17:00 after the notification pops up in your DIAD.

Using the "Z" key only works if your dispatch sup has added Consignee names. Like at a Mall or strip shopping center.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Nope. If the hair salon has a separate entrance it is a business even if it has the same address.

Used to be, before that DIAD training, the requirements were a business had to have; 1.Posted hours of operation and 2. A separate entrance.

Personally I think this created confusion and generated a few to many concerns and probably a number of 1P refunds. To combat this the changes were made. We were told point blank to sheet as resi so I will work as directed. Makes it easier to not have a send-agains.

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS wants to call those little businesses residential so they can charge more and not worry about service failures. Still doesn't make it less of a business.