It’s coming...

MAKAVELI

I don’t see why you think it’s desperate. It saves Express money and flight capacity.
No it doesn't. It would need to be done on a massive scale and basically in every market to make a difference in flight capacity. This last quarter earnings had nothing to do with LMO.

floridays

No idea what kind of scan. Not my job to know it.
Just wondering what you said would happen could be possible.
carson carnac.jpg

Not your job to make pronouncements either. When you figure it out get back to us.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If you lead a customer to believe he's paying premium prices for premium service, and then use your cut rate service to do the work, and the cut rate service screws up an important shipment, your brand at the very least suffers an embarrassment that may lose you business.
True.

At worst a savvy lawyer might put together a class action suit representing a bunch of very unhappy customers. Even if the company wins(they can do anything they like I hear)you can bet their competitors will get a lot of mileage out of it. And please don't tell me it'll never happen because FedEx has been used many times over the years.
What are you talking about? If Ground takes on an Express delivery and misses the guaranteed service commitment, the customer gets his money back. The end. Have you ever read the service guide?

vantexan

True.

What are you talking about? If Ground takes on an Express delivery and misses the guaranteed service commitment, the customer gets his money back. The end. Have you ever read the service guide?
Two different issues. You two have been saying that FedEx can charge Express prices but have Ground handle the entire process with no chance of negative ramifications. If so FedEx would already be doing that. They aren't.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Two different issues. You two have been saying that FedEx can charge Express prices but have Ground handle the entire process with no chance of negative ramifications. If so FedEx would already be doing that. They aren't.
I said there are no legal ramifications.

floridays

I'm telling you what they're doing and why. If someone wants to deny reality because he can't make it make sense in theory, have at it.
I understand the plan, I simply asked how.
@vantexan offered a way how but you specifically mentioned "at the Hubs" his attempt didn't address that. I've been around, heard a lot of :poop: (by upper mgmt) don't buy most, it's based on their track record.

In theory it sounds great, in practice it does not happen until someone tells me exactly what action will cause it to happen.

Not possible as you said.

Who exactly put his name to the proclamation you made?

floridays

At what point in this transaction did the airline classification end?