It’s coming...

It will be fine

More volume requires more manpower. How many trucks can you drive at one time? Last time I looked it was still only one.
I don’t drive any trucks. More volume means each truck is more productive and costs decrease with lower mileage per truck. That’s how the entire trucking industry works.

bacha29

I don’t drive any trucks. More volume means each truck is more productive and costs decrease with lower mileage per truck. That’s how the entire trucking industry works.
Increased volume does not always translate into lower costs and more revenue per mile in all parts of the country. Especially when you have neither population density nor high per capita consumption .

falcon back

You no longer work for the company and spend all day attacking people who still do. Why not mellow out and enjoy your retirement?
I am enjoying the heck out of retirement. It's too cold to fish or play golf and college football and college basketball are a mess. I like making fun of losers and whiners.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It is hilarious watching the 3 village idiots bitch and bash with every post. AB, Cactus and bacha seem to cherish the negativity each spews with each post. I challenge any of you to find 1 positive thing you have ever posted on here. Maybe the free donuts?

You were too much of a * to work with me.

I thought I heard your old station cheering from here. You quit a job and let the bitterness linger after you have moved on. That is great. LOL
I’m convinced there were some days you came home from work with your front teeth in your pocket.

bacha29

There’s risk in owning your own business.
A single action by a single entity one that could leave you ruined is NOT owning your own business.

You are welcome to continue to feed us your "own your own business" bull feces but we know whose DOT number is on the side of the truck and it ain't yours.

We also know who owns the only freight that's going in the truck.....and it too is not yours.

And since we know that you're not doing anything Fat Freddy can't do himself we therefore know that he can do without you just fine and if we know it so does he.

MAKAVELI

Increased volume does not always translate into lower costs and more revenue per mile in all parts of the country. Especially when you have neither population density nor high per capita consumption .
So how does taking volume and density away from Express make Express more profitable? Btw your theory is why UPS is so profitable and efficient. One truck delivers it all.

It will be fine

So how does taking volume and density away from Express make Express more profitable? Btw your theory is why UPS is so profitable and efficient. One truck delivers it all.
Because the cost of Ground is so low. Express will lose some productivity and density on their delivery routes but gain more profit paying pennies on the dollar for the delivery.

bacha29

I never said it did. At the same time however that handful of X boxes passed off to Ground could easily tie up more inputs than they're worth for that contractor. They are not always....." right along your way".....or" you're going that way". Why? Because "that way" could mean more time and material that the box will pay.

It will be fine

Doubt it. Making it's largest opco even less profitable is a recipe for disaster.
Neither opco is less profitable. Express is more profitable if it’s deliveries are made at a lower cost. LMO saves capacity on flights for higher revenue shipments. If Express can grow without adding additional flights everybody wins.

AB831

A single action by a single entity one that could leave you ruined is NOT owning your own business.

You are welcome to continue to feed us your "own your own business" bull feces but we know whose DOT number is on the side of the truck and it ain't yours.

We also know who owns the only freight that's going in the truck.....and it too is not yours.

And since we know that you're not doing anything Fat Freddy can't do himself we therefore know that he can do without you just fine and if we know it so does he.
The only ownership in this equation is of his ass by Fat Freddy.

MAKAVELI

Neither opco is less profitable. Express is more profitable if it’s deliveries are made at a lower cost. LMO saves capacity on flights for higher revenue shipments. If Express can grow without adding additional flights everybody wins.
Is that why FedEx was offering ground pricing on 2day ? This LMO is just another desperate attempt to throw :censored2: on the wall to see if it sticks.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Is that why FedEx was offering ground pricing on 2day ? This LMO is just another desperate attempt to throw * on the wall to see if it sticks.

Hasn’t that been the modus operandi of one Fat Freddy Smith for the past half decade?

Pretty much but for a lot longer.
Keep in mind also that Fred hasn’t had a good idea in over 40 years so it’s unlikely that he’ll come up with any now.